Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me: 96 sc300 pt61 @8lbs
Him: 2007+ 6.0 GTO... stock

Last sunday I was headed to tampa to see a friend, on the way i noticed a blue 6.0 gto with some silver rims and drilled brake rotors, otherwise pretty stock. I started slowly trying to catch up and ge next to him, luckily a light turned red and he ended up to the left of me at the front of the line. I had just put the new tial 8.75lb wastegate spring in the car two days before and had just finished up most of the tuning; very curious to see what she could do. His windows were down and his girlfriend was in the car so i leaned out and pointed at the light and asked if he wanted to go. He said a few words to his girlfriend(I'm assuming asking for permission), and i mentioned my car was auto, he said "mine too" and nodded towards the light. I brake launched around 1.8k, i dont think he did at all. When the light went green i got about half a car and kept pulling away until around 6k in third gear when i had about a car and a half. I wasnt sure what to expect when i asked to race but i was definitley happy with the outcome, as its about the first time ive had the car running exactly the way it should be since i first went na-t.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Not bad...my buddies auto has a predator tune on it and was running 13.2 @ 105mph at Cordova last year.

FWIW the LS2 GTO was 2005/2006..they didn't import any more after 2006.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok, i'm not really up on any newer american cars... those GTO's are pretty good looking cars though. I'm really looking forward to running at the track and seeing what kind of times i can come up with.

·
Registered
303 Posts
nice race. Haha he had to ask his girl if he can race you... i usually just tell my wife to buckle up.... and i dont race highspeed with other ppl riding inside the car with me, it can be fatal.... unless its one of the guys with me. But nice kill overall.

·
Registered
207 Posts
my bro ran a 13 stock in his ls2 gto...never ran my auto stock but im sure it would have been the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts