8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not totally sure, never dyno'd the car, but i'd say about 1000whp on Q16

want to switch over to fully e85 and get Darin up here to retune though.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Joel looks really good. How old are your slicks? looks like you are doing long burnouts with little to no smoke. Check out the vids and let me know what you think? Cant wait to see some more passes out of this car.

Staats

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Joel looks really good. How old are your slicks? looks like you are doing long burnouts with little to no smoke. Check out the vids and let me know what you think? Cant wait to see some more passes out of this car.

Staats
I was thinking the same thing... the 1 burnout was a long one with no smoke

·
Registered
246 Posts
The 3rd pass you could see the left tire spin down the track. I don't know why we couldn't seem to get smoke off those tires at all. Tried different spots in the burnout box thinking is was due to new pavement but no luck.

That third pass he was pointed at the other lane at one point.

·
**** Tuner
762 Posts
tips for burnouts.. roll into the water box and just barely turn them over in 1st gear.. then roll out of the water box onto dry track surface and pick eather 2nd or 3rd gear .. get on the 2step for a second and let the clutch go.. I promise they will smoke up..

even if you dont use my method stop doing burnouts in the water box.. it just slings water up in your wheel wells and even if your tires get hot enough to smoke when you launch all that water in the wheel wells will fall on the tires and cause traction loss..
-sam

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.