Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my first pases today with my single setup. I was running 19-20 lbs of boost on a 76 GTS HPF turbo kit with Titan 850 cc inj and VPC/AFC GForce ECU I made two passes and I came out of the hole real soft due to stock drive shaft( 6 sp) and on Nitto Drag radials( i did not want to break yet). I ran a 12.8 @121 and a 12.9 @121. I had a 2.5 6-ft and a 2.4 60 ft. The car felt impressive and I did not shift as hard as I used just to get a little seat time. My air fuels were probably 10.1 and there were intentially rich. I have an AEM gauge and it was pinned the whole time so it was hard to know excatly what the AFR was. I plan to do a lot more tunning and hopefully I get high 120's out of 20lbs. I was running 26lbs??? of boost and pulled hard on a buddies Cobra who put down 587 hp to the wheels but in his defense his car was also untuned and his boost was a lowered. My best pass BPU is [email protected] and that was with a 1.7 60 ft. New Times to come.

Staats

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Staats,
Congrats on getting it up and running. And glad it felt good first time out. And on low boost you will be around 129-133 mph at 18-20 psi. Time to get it tuned and run 33psi :) ...But definitely get et streets before you do that. And you can run stock driveshaft no problem. I still have mine. and never have broken one....yet :) Pm me and let me know more about what ya thought and your runs.

Tony

·
Banned
942 Posts
John,

Glad you got it to the track. Sounds like you have some tuning to do. It always takes a few times out to dial the car in and to get used to the new power band. Those times will come down real quick.

Take care,
Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts