Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
official pace car of I-75
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/URL][/IMG]

my dads best friend stopped by today, surprised us with his vette. i knew he had one but didnt know it was comin over today. so obviously we went out and beat on it...

i was completely impressed!!! never thought it would be that fast. that thing would eat my supra alive from a dig.

he wants to run from like 60 (4500 RPM 2nd gear for him) im going to run C16 @ 20 lbs... ill post a vid for the N.E. crew once it goes down

·
Registered
401 Posts
Z06 Race

I think the new Z06 has a bit too much for a BPU car. It sounds like fun to try though. I doubt that the 116 is helping versus some good 100 octane unleaded.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
id say 100 or 104 is enough to turn the boost up even a little higher then 20 psi..but still i dont think even with the boost that high u can stay wit that vette...but ya never know..could be a really good race...

Ant

·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont think ill stay with him but it'll be fun. i trapped 119 at 19ish psi...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I trapped 120 at 20psi with 93 octane. The problem with BPU is the MPH will drop off if it is hot out. I would recommend doing the pull when it is still cool out versus mid summer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Badass ride, the color is sick!!! How much are they going for now.. ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
You ran 20psi with just 93 in? I thought that's playing with fire? Anyways, most people say anything about 20psi on the stockers you're not gaining anything b/c you're outside of the efficiency threshold for them

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Like BlueGTS mentioned, you can run 20psi with 93 when it is cold outside (40s and 30s). I also trapped over 120 on 93. But when the temperatures rise during the late spring and summer, timing will get pulled and power will drop 50rwhp+, so I would recommend no more than 17-18psi during the hot season.

Oh yeah.....Good luck with the Z06 race.

·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats the problem, he wont come out unless its "nice out" so i pretty much am screwed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Time for water/methanol injection :) , Rob NJ.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
mydawgsupra94tt said:
Time for water/methanol injection :) , Rob NJ.

lol rob you swear by this...im thinkin of doin a setup liek that....probaly cheaper in the long run rather then burning extra expensive race gas...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I used to run 20psi all day long, night or day, hot or cold on Sunoco 94.. and 93 when a Sunoco station was not around. Never had any problems. On stock twins that is!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Unfortunately, the fine folks from the government did not provide liability insurance for the oil companies to continue using MTBE to allow Sunoco to continue selling 94 in NJ. Oh well, it's better for the environment. Say the least, I was shocked when I went to Sunoco and didn't see 94 listed

Ant, people swear by Derek's kit. A lot of people use it and have no issues with it. I'm sure when I go single I'll be buying a kit eventually so people can't give me shit about how I'm not on pump :)

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I went 125MPH with my Z06 with temp tags.
Good luck and beat the Vette!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts