Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the drag strip for the first time today!! what a rush!!! i didn't do too good and didn't run too many times only 3 times. i've launched my car a total of 3 times now andi think i still need more practice!
my worst time was 14.9 @109 when i just launched it at 4500rpm and rode the clutch wayyy too long, going sideways all over.
my best was 13.3 @110 with a friend! :D
i wanted to do 12's but oh well it was quite a rush going from 0-110 all out..
oh yeah i was boosting at 1.25
i'm BPU with a cracked radiator i epoxi patched up... lol

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Pull your headlight and reset your ECU atleast every other time and you'll be in the 12's easy escpecially with a little launching practice.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i did pull my head light but i didn't know you have to reset the ECU after every run?
anywho, i had a ton of fun and plan on going back! i definetly need practice... i don't even know how to do a burnout/brake stand.
well i know the heel and toe concept but never tried it.
tarik, red bpu supra ran 12.8 @114 consistantly!! we got to line up once which was the coolest thing!

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/navcancl.htm#http://www.treynor.com/SilverSupraDrag.rm

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
I'd replace or have that radiator welded ASAP.....you know the old saying....you can pay me now, or you can pay me later (later usually costs a lot more)

Mike

Originally posted by J:
<STRONG>i went to the drag strip for the first time today!! what a rush!!! i didn't do too good and didn't run too many times only 3 times. i've launched my car a total of 3 times now andi think i still need more practice!
my worst time was 14.9 @109 when i just launched it at 4500rpm and rode the clutch wayyy too long, going sideways all over.
my best was 13.3 @110 with a friend! :D
i wanted to do 12's but oh well it was quite a rush going from 0-110 all out..
oh yeah i was boosting at 1.25
i'm BPU with a cracked radiator i epoxi patched up... lol</STRONG>

T

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just replaced my radiator today with a very nice fluidyne radiator! ive only driven with it for one night so i can't say much but it looks Great and runs awesome...
i recommend it..
yeah thanks for posting the videos tarik it was fun! hopefully i can go back and practice some more and get into the 12's! grrrr... :p
can't let the supra look too slow! lol

J

·
0 Posts
my third bpu run on race gas with trac fuse pulled and street tires i ran a [email protected] with a crappy 2.3 60ft. i am getting some slick new stock twins (mine have 100k+) cam gears, and i am going to remove the headlight and am hoping for mid 12's. this will be in the horrible tx heat though. next winter with a fmic and possibly nos i am hoping to break in to the high 11's if not 12.0 or 12.1! at that point i will probally stop and leave it how it is. the next performance mod is sending myself to driving school.
jon

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Jon, is your car auto or 6spd? With a better 60' and keeping everything the same you can easily knock off 1/2 a second from your ET. If your car is auto (little lower mph is acceptable), that is a decent time considering the 60'. Speaking of TX weather, at TX2K1 I ran a 12.2 @ 116 (auto) with BPU using the dirty stock air filter/box with a 2.0 60'. You should be at 12.0 or 12.1 with BPU++ with nitrous - even if you don't improve your 60'! Hopefully I'll touch 11s my next time at the track by replacing the dirty stock air filter with an RS Akimoto intake, removing the headlight, and running race gas. I would like mid 11s at BPU++ (cam gears, FMIC, fuel controller - all of which I have, but uninstalled), but I feel my full roadrace suspension (Eibach Race, KYB AGX, TRD sway bars, Energy Suspension bushings, and both Cusco STBs) will hold me back considerably. :( Not to mention the whole roll cage issue.

John H

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This is cool because I was in the same situation as you guys last year, and I can tell you if you don't have drag radials you are making things harder on yourself than you need to. I know a guy that has done well on street tires but he had to slip the crap out of his clutch to do so. I went from [email protected], 2.3 60 ft. to 12.60'[email protected], 2.09 60 ft. Then early this year when the temp. was still down in the 40's I ran 12.40'[email protected], 2.06 60 ft. still with the only mod being dr's. Then I put on a small fmic and got another nice cold night in the 40's and ran [email protected], 1.94 60 ft. You can see with more practice how the 60 ft. drops but I know I couldn't do it w/o the dr's. I know some can that really modulate the clutch well, but I can't and it's tough on the clutch especially when you still have the stock clutch like I do. My car is BPU with exhaust cam gear and HKS Type S fmic. As Brad M. will tell you a 2 step helps us 6 speed guys out tremendously but I don't think I'm gonna try it until I can upgrade my clutch. F u too Brad, I'm also a typical Supra owner. j/k ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts