Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys, ran the supra tongiht, and it sucked balls 15.6 was my best, my reaction time was horrible and my 60 ft was like 2.4 or something bad like that. didnt even brake 90mph, but i only got three runs in before they kicked me out for being underage :dunno: haha, any tips? Thanks guys

Matt

·
Stinks like sex in here..
343 Posts
Down a triple espresso for a better RT :bigthumb: You got kicked? How old are you? Also, are you stock?

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im 17 but, its a requirment to be 18, so i got somone else to tech the car in, then give me the wristband, but they eventually caught on or w/e. Anyway i have intake, exaust, and igntion, spare was in the back and tools, so i think if i lightened the load a little, and get my reaction and 60' foot down ill be closer to 15

Matt

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Reaction time has NOTHING to do with your 1/4 mile time. You can sit at the light all day then decide to go and still run the same. Lightening the car up wont help much at all unless you take out serveral hundred pounds. Just try resetting the ecu, pull the headlight, and work on that 60' and your times will improve.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
Reaction time has NOTHING to do with your 1/4 mile time. You can sit at the light all day then decide to go and still run the same. Lightening the car up wont help much at all unless you take out serveral hundred pounds. Just try resetting the ecu, pull the headlight, and work on that 60' and your times will improve.
i tested that theory, i think it depen son the track, i know reaction time doesnt matter when its only 1 car on the lane and launch whenever, but i did try it at firebird raceway in arizoan, i sat there for about 2 seconds, and ran a 16.8, so at firebird raceway i guess reaction time does matter. the trick to good reaction time is launching afte rthe second yellow light, because by the time you start moving the 3rd light(green) will be lit an dyoul have a .1 reaction time or better

please excuse the typos, ive been making an inanely high amount since my concussion

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I thought the time starts ticking when the green light comes on.
no, only when u cross the starting line marker/sensor it begins.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
like i said, depend son the track, but then again i was in nuetral and kinda moving foward, so who knows...

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
you have to launch well and get good traction if you want to improve times. not spinning at the line or at rolling at the start. See/read how the pros do it in the drag section.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
try letting some air out of your tires, but remember to put more air back in them when you get home, i always forget. also your tires will spin a lot more if youg ive it teh same amount of gas, itl improve your traction a little bit if you give it the rigth amount of gas with lower psi in the tires. dont take out too much though

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
The keys to running at the strip:

1.) Take out unneccesary shit: jack, spare, backpack, etc.
2.) OVERINFLATE front tires (40psi or so), UNDERINFLATE rears (17-18psi in the rear)
3.) If you're on street tires, quick spin of the tires to get rid of the shit on your tires so you'll grip better.
4.) If you're on drag radials, go AROUND the burnout box, and back into it. Move forward so you dont spray water everywhere when you burn out, and light the motherfuckers up. Get them nice and hot so they're real sticky.
5.)Make sure your seat is adjusted to where you're completely FUNCTIONAL. You should be able to push the clutch to the floorboard without fully extending your leg, same with the throttle. You want FULL extension of the pedals.
6.) When getting ready to go, launch on the yellow light BEFORE the green light. You can make better reaction times that way. Just keep in mind that RT does NOT have an effect on your ET, so no worries (yes tyler not even firebird)
7.) Don't rev too high so that you burn out, that wastes time badly, and costs you valuable seconds, and don't rev too low so that you bog your launch. Find your sweet spot on the track for launching. THIS WILL TAKE TIME AND MANY RUNS TO GET YOUR PERFECT LAUNCH.
8.) Don't dump the clutch, this isn't an AWD car.....launch like you would normally get out of a light. You will transition the drivetrain power much better, and you will launch without much wheelspin.
9.) Petal to the medal and pray ;)

If you don't rip off an insane time, don't fret. Practice makes perfect.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
ive been told stock NA's should rev up to about 4 and not drop at launch, fether it then drop form the rest of the gears, for me 4k is waaaaay too high i just bring it to about 2800

·
Registered
511 Posts
rocky.. built auto

Rocky28072 said:
some rocky.. is your built auto still running good?

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Are you guys on crack?? It doesnt depend on the track all of them are the same. Light goes green nothing happens till you break the front beam thats at your front wheels. Reactions really only mean anything if you are bracket racing as it helps to get the best RT you can. Some people deep stage to get that teeny bit closer to the end of the track some people stage shallow to get that rollout at the begining.

That sucks you got shit times though. Do you have your timeslip so we can nitpick it. :D Oh and you will get better times if you DO NOT depress the clutch all the way. powershifting is the way to gooo. :)

Alex

1 - 15 of 15 Posts