Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
iSPOOL
961 Posts

But we were told that Toyota tested every BMW part down to the nut and bolt and it passed to their standards?

·
...pop the hood!
813 Posts
i wonder if there is any mention in the owners manual or dealer paperwork that says using dyno mode voids the warranty? seems like this could be challenged...

·
Registered
38 Posts
BMW's are notorious for racks going bad. I'm willing to bet there will be many redesigns and it will be on intergalactic backorder.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That post by the mechanic is some mad shit, and I like how the owner mentions paying 10k over sticker like it should mean something.

·
Registered
137 Posts
BMW's are notorious for racks going bad. I'm willing to bet there will be many redesigns and it will be on intergalactic backorder.
Best of luck.
give it enough time, the devaluation of these will result in a lot of MKV Supra drift missiles

·
Administrator
8,314 Posts
They shipped the racks dry with no grease is what I gathered. Solid QC per bmw as usual. Buy a bmw, have bmw problems.

580 Posts
They shipped the racks dry with no grease is what I gathered. Solid QC per bmw as usual. Buy a bmw, have bmw problems.
That'll do it.... wonder what else is dry...

·
JetFire
5,277 Posts
Sucks for the owner shipping a dry rack is definitely an issue that should have been covered by warranty. And why have a dyno mode if it will cause denial of warranty claim. Either way will be interesting to see if there are more occurrences of this issue, my understanding is that it is a known issue with some BMW models.

·
Administrator
8,314 Posts
Sucks for the owner shipping a dry rack is definitely an issue that should have been covered by warranty. And why have a dyno mode if it will cause denial of warranty claim. Either way will be interesting to see if there are more occurrences of this issue, my understanding is that it is a known issue with some BMW models.
They could claim its just a mode intended for tech diagnosis...to play devils advocate of course.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
"But, but, but PerformanceSound said that Toyota had done extensive R&D on power and reliability???????"

LOL, I was about to say almost the exact thing.. I thought (according to some people here) that Toyota was going to go over every BMW part to make sure it meets Toyota reliability standards? I'm shocked... LOL

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
According to more than a few, this is a known BMW issue that affects several different BMW vehicles. As FasTTurbo indicated, this one was shipped dry, but there are BMW repair kits that, allegedly, address this issue. I hope 1A1 and SupraWillis see this thread. They know these cars as well, if not better, than anyone and I would like to hear their expert opinions on this.

Ken.

·
Very Senior Member
9,954 Posts
According to more than a few, this is a known BMW issue that affects several different BMW vehicles. As FasTTurbo indicated, this one was shipped dry, but there are BMW repair kits that, allegedly, address this issue. I hope 1A1 and SupraWillis see this thread. They know these cars as well, if not better, than anyone and I would like to hear their expert opinions on this.

Ken.
You know, when a repair kit is already available for a system you put on a new car, maybe something else should be done.
I wonder if Toyota QA'ed the double hood latches? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 129 Posts