Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My relationship with First State Motorsports started last summer when i had an sc300 that i wanted to turbo. It had almost 200k miles and I pieced together a turbo kit for it. I had pretty much everything i needed except for a downpipe. Most of the shops i visited in the MD area were either to busy to get to it or didnt want to touch an na-t setup. I remembered meeting Josh at the philly street races a while ago so he asked me to come check his shop out.

I got there expecting a big shop but i found a moderate sized shop with some unique projects going on. I talked with Josh and Dan at the time and we mapped out a strategy to get my car. I got a favorable estimate and based on my general feel for the shop. There are four things i want in a shop: i like my car to be done in a timely manner, i want good quality of work, i want updates on my car and i do not like suprise charges(a couple of hundreds for unexpected costs is ok) but the estimate has to be as close as possible to the final price. I went with my gut instinct and i couldnt have been happier. I liked the feel of a shop that wasnt so huge because then the customer doesnt feel like they dont get enough attention. Dropped my turbo kit and accessories there as well as my car.

Throughout the entire process, Josh kept me updated. Almost everyday i would get a phone call updating me on the status of my car, if they had to spend any additional money that wasnt listed on the estimate, he got my approval before he went ahead. Car was delivered on schedule and i was impressed with the craftmanship.. He also called to follow up after the car was done. Even when the oil pump on the 200k mile motor decided to let go months later, he did not hesitate to pull his motor out of his own sc300 to get my car running within a weekend because my car was my daily.

When i finally bought a supra with a blown motor, of course i took it to first state to get it done. Work as usual was top notch. Fuel system was installed, AEM was installed, new motor and wideband were installed. He even used his own AEM map and tweaked it a bit for my 1000cc injectors to get the car to run decent at no additional cost. He also followed up with me the entire time and checked up on me after i had the car. He stayed late many times to get my car done in time so i could enjoy the car while the weather was still nice out.

Lastly, i had a 200whp all motor civic si.. Car was in pretty bad shape when i brought it in.. Bought a built motor and tranny through someone else and had Josh and Dan drop it in. They got the swap done properly but for some reason the motor wouldnt crank. They spent over a week diagnosing and finally got it running right. Turns out the cat went bad and the aftermarket ecu wasnt throwing a code. Did they charge me for troubleshooting? No. They charged me for only parts and cost of labor to do a swap which was a flat fee that they had already given me an estimate for.

I recently got bored with my pt72 on my supra and decided to go with something bigger.. Guess whos going to be doing all the work? You guessed it.. first state..

They've churned out a couple of decent NA-T's recently including Josh's personal sc300(The Quickness), Bryan's supra(NAT95) and mine. They also did some work on Andrews supra(Bad94Sup) and a tilton equipped na-t sc300 from md. Sure the shop isnt the typical huge shop but if you like the small friendly feel with good quality work and customer service you should definitely check them out :cool:

·
Banned
566 Posts
Aww, what a sweet thread :love:

Its been a long road and several builds later, we love having you as a customer. You always have something crazy going on, and the cash to back it up! Dan is always pushing me to advertise more to get us more mainstream....but that wouldnt allow me to treat people in the manner you and all our other customers have been. I like to actually LISTEN to my customers and give them what THEY want. I always liked our secluded location, and our speakeasy reputation.

Its been a hectic few years, but we have withstood our initial test of time and are always trying to do it better. Thanks for being part of the fam Tochi, we always get referrals from you, and to be honest, thats why I didnt hit you for any extra labor or bs. We dont forget about that kind of stuff, and nor do we take it for granted.

Shh, I dont want every 2J car in the tri-state showing up demanding appointments, we cant handle our exsisiting clientele :)

Sincerely,
Josh

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definitely josh, you guys will keep on having my business.. now we just need to make a big showing at TX2k8 or SILV07.. who knows what crazy ideas i might come up with next? maybe a gs400 or another sc in the near future.. for now we'll focus on building the supra.. once thats done, i'll be bored again as usual

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
Chidoks,

Nice write-up. The Supra community can always use more good shops. Your multiple experiences make your write-up even more valuable to those looking for a good shop in your area. Congrats to you and First State.

Ken.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Chidoks,

Nice write-up. The Supra community can always use more good shops. Your multiple experiences make your write-up even more valuable to those looking for a good shop in your area. Congrats to you and First State.

Ken.

Much aprecciated Ken, we strive everyday to run our business above and beond our competition.

Anyone in the NE area wont be disappointed.

Josh

·
Registered
281 Posts
Josh you told me you were going to give me a quote for my NA-T install......do you have it ready?

·
EZ2CYI1
875 Posts
Josh is a great guy to deal with, if I lived in the northeast I wouldn't hesitate to let him wrench on my car.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Josh is a great guy to deal with, if I lived in the northeast I wouldn't hesitate to let him wrench on my car.
:) Im not only a great guy to deal with, but I can help you put together something NASTY!

Josh you told me you were going to give me a quote for my NA-T install......do you have it ready?
I sure do, Ill email it over on monday. Call me after you recieve it should you have any questions.

Josh

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
Good people.

First off id like to thank all the people who gave me to push to finally take the jump and go turbo.

But onto my experience with Fsmoto:
I talked to josh on the phone for about a week before i was able to bring my car up, and was extremely hospitable, and flexible with the times which i could drop my car off including some one coming in on a Saturday to make it easy to drop the car off.
Once i dropped the car off, i was greeted by the guys at the shop and then was able to get a tour of the shop and shot the bull for alittle with the guys.
I received my car very quickly and the work was second to none, i was very pleased and the price was right on with the original quote i was given. On my ride home (about 2 hours ) josh gave me a call to see if i put the smack down on my buddies STi who gave me a ride up(which i did ) and to make sure the car was running to my expectations. Overall great experience will be back when its time to turn up that boost.

Cliffs
Fsmoto = honest, hard working cool down to earth shop.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Where are you guys located? I'd like to drop by one day perhaps.

·
Banned
566 Posts
950 Ridge Road
Unit B18
Claymont, DE 19703

Right off Naamans road by the 95 interchange. Feel free to check out the shop and introduce yourself!

Josh

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sounds good, I know the area well. I used to work on Ridge... Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.