Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· NA/T aficionado
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Join the modern automotive performance industry with an established company that has a solid reputation for quality and expertise. FSM has the highest standards when it comes to quality and integrity with everything we do. We look for the same character in our team members. We are a tightly woven team that works very closely together. FSM is in need of expert and creative technicians to help us grow and improve our services. The work performed by our technicians is all related to performance customizations of mostly Japanese and some domestic vehicles. FSM's clients have come to expect the best products and service, so you will be expected to deliver such.

DESCRIPTION:
As a technician you will perform some of the most challenging and unconventional jobs in the automotive industry. We do not perform any typical repair work here. Although we do occasional service and maintenance for certain customers. Working with FSM will require the skills of an advanced automotive technician that can also creatively solve problems while using imaginative solutions sometimes not found in a technical manual. You must be very motivated and have the ability to under pressure while maintaining the highest quality. You will be working in a clean and professional environment that rivals many other shops. You must possess strong interpersonal skills and will be expected to interact with customers in a respectful and courteous manner.

MAJOR ACTIVITIES:
Many of the jobs to performed at FSM are as follows but are not limited to:
•Installing custom tuned suspension systems and high performance braking systems.
•Custom fuel systems and upgrades.
•Turbocharger/supercharger system fabrication/installation.
•Custom intake and exhaust system fabrications
•Chassis modifications and custom drive train/engine swaps.
•Engine electronics, monitoring meters, management systems.

REQUIREMENTS:
•Minimum of 2 years experience working in the automotive service industry.
•High School Graduate (college/technical school a plus)
•Strong understanding of automotive electrical systems, subsystems, and sensors.
•ASE certification preferred but not required.
•Experience in welding MIG/TIG appreciated.
•Meticulous work quality, accuracy, and cleanliness.
•Strong understanding of forced induction and fuel systems.
•Experience with modifications to Japanese imports such as Honda, Toyota, or Mitsubishi.
•Ownership of professional tools preferred.
•Strong interpersonal skills and professional attitude.

Please email all replies to [email protected]

You must include your resume and any related experience along with a biographical sheet that tells us about you and your goals. The position has a rewarding flexible pay rate according to skill level and offers health benefits. We are open Monday through Friday from 12pm-8pm, applicants must be able to work during those hours.

Thanks,
Josh and [email protected]

· NA/T aficionado
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, To give you guys an idea of your potential work environment, we operate out a 5000sq ft facility located in Wilmington, Delaware. We are right by the I-95 interchange and are 15 minutes south of Center City, Philadelphia.

We have a 650sq ft showroom filled with built engines, turbochargers, fittings, fuel system components, and all your typical go fast items that customers want to see when they walk into a shop....

The shop area has three lifts, plenty of overhead lighting, a host of nice fabrication equipment(Bandsaws, Tig/Mig Welders, Tubing Benders, Grinding and Polishing Stations, etc...), Well organized shelving for keeping customers parts organized, Stainless Hardware and Fastener Cabinets, Wiring Stations, etc....Basically, Everything you need to assemble some serious shit ;-)

· ex BPU'er
5,973 Posts
Sorry, but kinda off topic....

Would you be willing to sell that BFGoodrich Supra poster?

Thanks!

· i need horsepower
1,286 Posts
thats my car being worked on...they did a great job, always kept in touch, its been over a yr and it hasnt had any problems, I would imagine that its a great place to work. Good luck with the search Josh.

· Registered
382 Posts
good luck on the search.. if i were closer i'd definitely be trying to get in there. nearly 10 yrs of running my own fab/speed shop, until closing it 3 yrs ago, and i've always wanted to get into something where i could just work.. not run the place too.

nice shop.

· Registered
13,982 Posts
Excellent shop and cool guys too. My mkiv is going there next month.
Hey Tom, I keep thinking of your twin setup just sitting there collecting dust ;) ...you're definitely taking that off, right? Did you already sell it? In my old-age induced insanity, as if I needed another reason to be insane, I've been thinking of doing a small twins setup like 2835's.

btw FSM FTW...I've not had work done there yet but my few visits to their shop and talking to those guys gives me a big time warm fuzzy feeling.

· Registered
13,982 Posts
FUCK you dude! I'll be 60 next week!

just kidding I hope you know....love you, man :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.