Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Ren Red TT Auto just rolled across; announcer said he thought it was the first Supra sold at B-J. Didn't say the mileage, but it looked extremely clean and original, as best one could tell on the TV. Sold at $28.5. Would have been a bit more interesting to see the hammer price had it been a 6 spd.

Hard to believe, even the detailed listing on the docket doesn't bother with mileage:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1994-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TURBO-LIFT-BACK-188589

·
JetFire
5,383 Posts
I'm curious about mileage too. Looks clean in pics.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Gorgeous color. Price seems fair, but I'm not sure I could pay that much for a '94 automatic. It does look very clean though.

·
JZA80
3,120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
According to Guilly, the mileage was 113k (rebuilt motor) and the car had been repainted (I assume RR was the original color).

Ken.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
I guess the 31.3 figure is with consignment fee added…..the live action price was 28.5
Yep - the buyer paid $31,350 and the seller got $28,500.
If the engine rebuild was good and the interior was good, that probably is a decent price.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I also saw this yesterday. When the live show came on i did a search on the there site out curiosity to see if this day finally arrived and the one the op posted came up.

·
JZA80
3,120 Posts
Since Barrett Jackson is near by, I stopped by and checked out the Supra in person.

Looked pretty clean, could definitely tell it had some paint work.

Snapped some pictures for you all:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I didn't see the auction but I saw it in the background of one of the shots. Pretty cool. I hope there are more imports on in the future.

Has this been on pretty much constantly on everyone else's TV this week? My wife is just loving it!(sarcasm) I'm by no means a classic car buff, I enjoy the resto-mods, but I mainly I watch it for the newer stuff.

I'm excited to see the Vin#1 NSX go though. I think that's Saturday?

I was shocked to see how much Frankie's Jetta went for. Like 42k I think it was? Way more than I thought it would. When the auction started at 5k I was thinking this was going to be embarrassing.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
The owner of that Supra obviously was not a DIY guy. Did you see all the stuff they had done at the dealer? Yikes! Seemed excessive for sure. Unless it was a modded car that was put back to stock, no way should it need some of that stuff. The engine should still be running strong at 113k on stock boost, and so should the rest of the stuff that was replaced.

The dealer really stuck it to them, for sure. The cost of all that engine work was probably double what a new shortblock would cost.

Al

464 Posts
I saw this live on Velocity. Price seemed about right imo for a rebuilt automatic. If the engine was not rebuilt and had average paint, probably would have gone for less.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The owner of that Supra obviously was not a DIY guy. Did you see all the stuff they had done at the dealer? Yikes! Seemed excessive for sure. Unless it was a modded car that was put back to stock, no way should it need some of that stuff. The engine should still be running strong at 113k on stock boost, and so should the rest of the stuff that was replaced.

The dealer really stuck it to them, for sure. The cost of all that engine work was probably double what a new shortblock would cost.

Al
Agreed but some people also like to have all that documented so when/if they sell the car they can say to the new potential buyer "look at all the documentation I have from the dealer work" so they can inflate the price.

·
Registered
217 Posts
After seeing it cross the block live on Velocity, I went on their site and it was the only Supra at the auction. Wouldn't surprise me to see another one or more there at next year's as these cars are starting to cross over into that collector market now. It would be interesting to see what the hammer would fall at for a lower mile 6 speed, especially a rarer/more desirable color combo.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Maybe I will put my 1995, Black on Black, 6 Speed, 100% OEM with factory original window sticker and 9,900 miles at Barrett Jackson ;)....put the marketing wizardry to work ahead of time...and let the hammer fall...

464 Posts
King as long as your car is in pristine condition, and is all original, I bet it would easily be predicted to fetch $70k to $80k, as long your mileage that is exactly 9,900 miles with "00" has not been the same for 20 years or is questionable. I would be really excited to see where the hammer falls. But Supras have not caught on yet to the mainstream collectors. It would take some hardcore Supra lovers in the room to go higher. They of course will research your mileage to make sure it is accurate with no questions attached, but probably should hang on to that baby a little longer to see where the market goes on Supras before you take that gamble imo, or at least set a reserve, don't do it without a reserve.

·
Wheel Fitment Guru
4,036 Posts
King as long as your car is in pristine condition, and is all original, I bet it would easily be predicted to fetch $70k to $80k, as long your mileage that is exactly 9,900 miles with "00" has not been the same for 20 years or is questionable. I would be really excited to see where the hammer falls. But Supras have not caught on yet to the mainstream collectors. It would take some hardcore Supra lovers in the room to go higher. They of course will research your mileage to make sure it is accurate with no questions attached, but probably should hang on to that baby a little longer to see where the market goes on Supras before you take that gamble imo, or at least set a reserve, don't do it without a reserve.
Not a chance for the 70-80K. The supra is only worth that much to the few that want it. The people there want higher end cars with bigger future money potential. Even now, I've noticed the prices of supra's are falling. I would say his car would fetch around the 50K mark max.

R.K.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts