Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for the first time sense i have owned my car something broke on it and i cant drive it.

and do you know what it is, my damn accessory belt tensioner. somehow i snaped the thing in two. i dont know how it happend suddenly my power steering went i popped the hood to find my accessory belt was laying ontop of my intake manifold, yes on top, and the pull had somhow ended up near my cam gears with chunks missing out of the pully.

the actual tensioner is a solid peice of metal with a spring inside of it. it has three main parts a bottom peice which attaches to the head, a spring, and a top peice with the pully on it, there is a metal rod inbettween the two peices that goes through the middle of the spring, i snapped that in half, clean in half.

immagin my surpise....

man what a weird thing to break how the hell did this happen. :mad:

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
i broke mine too... didn't snap it, but the bearing went out and it was making an attrocious noise...

damn thing was like 150 bucks too... i mean wtf, 150 bucks for a spring

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Verge said:
i broke mine too... didn't snap it, but the bearing went out and it was making an attrocious noise...

damn thing was like 150 bucks too... i mean wtf, 150 bucks for a spring
Yup.. mines toasted too, did you replace yours, or have someone else do it? if so how long did it take?

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine didnt squeal, the whole inside assembly snapped in half,

well 350 bucks later its fixed, along with a new fan because my belt destroyed it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
brian_k03 said:
accessory belt tensioner... not timing belt
ahhh

i didnt get why they tried implying that 2jz is a interference motor.
I'm pretty sure they mean a 2jz with bigger valves and upgraded cams.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
bobmarley said:
Yup.. mines toasted too, did you replace yours, or have someone else do it? if so how long did it take?

had one of the mechanics at my old girlfriends shop do it... took him probably... 10 minutes... and about 5 of that was getting the belt back on in the right order. Wish i would have watched him do it, but i turned around and was talking to somebody, turned back around and he already had the new on in there... i dunno how

·
Slow Supra Member
1,132 Posts
what about the pully thats near the cams? the same thing happend to me today...chunks fleew out of the plastic on my pully, my power steering went out and so did my ac...the ac light blinks, my belt flew off the cams...
same exact thing....man how much do u guys think it will cost? im so freaking poor right now w:( lol
pm me please and let me know what to do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts