Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, glad to be a part of this forum.....

I will be buying a Supra TT, either a 94 or a 97 (so ODBI or ODBII). What do you say is the first group of things to do? I've been reading MKIV.com for awhile now and I hear things on this forum that say other. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction!!!!
I know to do RMM Downpipe but do I also replace the main cat? I've never heard anything on that subject.
Besides the above, I want to do Greddy BCC, Greddy boost cont, Greddy PE Exhaust, EGR block off plates..but that's all I know. And if I get the 97, what is easier, switching to ODBI or buying a G-force.
Or should I buy the ECU's first and then do the mods.....I would like to get in the 420 rwhp range. More would be appreciated.....thanks alot!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Your on the right track with those mods. The downpipe will take care of the the cats. Do the Bcc, exhaust, could always do the Bleeder "t" mod to get approx 19psi...thats an excellent start and can be less the $1k!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot

Thanks for the reply Silver TT. I'm just worried about taking the wrong path, that's all.
I don't want a manual bc, what do you recommend?
Also, is pulling the hoses/capping off bad? How about the trac fuse....I heard not to do it all the time....Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
BPU mods, the basic ones, are Exhaust, Down pipe, BCC (or FCD) and boost controller (HKS EVC EZ, Grddy Profec B , Blitz DSBC or the mack... Hallman MBC :) ) . Also add a boost gauge to that and possibly an EGT gauge. These mods get you around 400 rwhp if the car is running well. Some guys also need to run lower gapped plugs than stock at BPU level.

Pulling the TRAC fuse is totally fine to do on a 6 speed. On an auto I have heard it can beat up on the tranny , not exactly sure why and I am not that concerned either, I drive a 6 speed :).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trac Fuse

Okay, thanks.......I definitly want to add gauges. I have SPI gauges in my RX-7, but they're a little pricey.
That trac fuse, do you mean with a 6 spd, I can leave it pulled all the time? Or just when I'm at the track? Does this make the warning light go on and can this be defeated? Let me know......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts