Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I went to the track today and met up with Tony "95 6SPD TT" guy who beat the bike in kill stories. Also met up with Steve, his name is something Cube. Anyway, I show up and do my first run and get a [email protected], and continued to follow this up with two more runs of [email protected] This is all on a DP being the only mod. Steve and Tony then help me by telling me a few free mods which I then did: Unplugged waste gate, removed boost hose so it wouldn't cut, reset ecu, took out trac fuse and took out headlight. These are ALL FREE folks. I then added 2 gallons of C14 race gas and put down a [email protected] Me only having the car for a month and not really knowing how to launch and auto gave Tony the keys and he really let the car shine!!! He put down a [email protected] and Steve then tried and did the same. Couldn't break anything better than a 110mph trap or a 12.9ET. Guess, I need to get the cat-back and intake to help me out! Anyway just thought I would share my times!!!
Thanks for you help Tony and Steve!!!!!:D
Would have been stuck in the low 14's if it wasn't for you guys!!!
Thanks again
-RYan

·
Registered
57 Posts
No problem. Thanx for letting us drive it! Looks like you have a good, solid supra.....just wish you had more runs for yourself:(
Hope the track opens for one more week so you can get more wheel time;)

Steve

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Supras are amazing, you go from 14.3 with just a DP, unplug a few things and you run a 12.9!! :lol:

-Olivier

·
Registered
57 Posts
Damn, Ryan. Tony and I were talking and he figured out the hesitation I was mentioning to you. Havent seen a BPU Supra in a longtime:p
REGAP YOUR PLUGS! Tony brought that up....that will solve your problem and should run what I had predicted. I believe I took mine down to .030 back in the day. Chime in anyone that agrees or has the precise #. They have a high end miss when you bump the boost up. Man, I am slippin!:D

Steve

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay

Okay, ummmm, how do I gap them .030? Is there a certain tool I need to use?
-Ryan
Oh, and will I need to get new plugs, well I probably should anyway, just for routine maintence. Let me know man! Thanks for thinking about me:p
-Ryan

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Re: okay

HanSolo said:
Okay, ummmm, how do I gap them .030? Is there a certain tool I need to use?
-Ryan
Oh, and will I need to get new plugs, well I probably should anyway, just for routine maintence. Let me know man! Thanks for thinking about me:p
-Ryan
You can get a spark plug gap gauge at any car parts place - there are different types - see here for examples:
http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdfeel02.html

just get one that has the gaps you are interested in.
If I go to the trouble to pull the plugs, I would replace them. Not much expense for the time invested.

·
Bruce Lee wanna be!!!
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks, but what kind of plugs should I get?
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
NGK6097 for a good cheap plug. I ran these on stock twins with no problems, and they are pregapped to .0315 I believe. People might tell you to use NGK3030 (I think that's it), but you can read on MKIV.com why the 6097 is the way to go. The other option is a set of Irridium plugs, but they are ~$12 each, and from what I can tell they just last longer.

Daniel

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
get an intake and exhaust dude, thats another 40 rwhp.

Brett

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
i got a 13.6 at 105 in my auto when i just had a downpipe with a 2.2X 60 time on kumho street tires on stock boost, i wish i did free mods before i bpued my car

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
99YellowStang said:
i got a 13.6 at 105 in my auto when i just had a downpipe with a 2.2X 60 time on kumho street tires on stock boost, i wish i did free mods before i bpued my car
I hear that! I was going [email protected], street tires, downpipe and cat back hitting fuel cut, even left the headlight in, hoses on, etc.. Wish I had known I could have gone much faster for cheaper!:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts