Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Kwan Jul Sul Freak
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got the car to the track. I had a blast. Only got a few runs in though. I have never raced my Supra on a drag strip, let alone on Drag Radials. I was expecting a scary time with all the horror stories people have posted about being loose with radials in the front and drags in the rear. I have a brand new set of ET Streets on NA wheels. Turned out to be very stable the whole way down. I really need to get my launching down though. :rolleyes:

My Car: T-72, Fuel, Crower cams, BL Auto, PI3800 stall. I wasn't spraying any N2O this time. I tried the methanol/water the 2nd and 3rd run, but it ran way rich (10.7:1) the whole quarter (I need to tune down the fuel next time for sure). I had the boost controller dialed to 19.5-20psi. The last run it was at 21psi. Next time, much more boost will be in order. :) My goals this time was; do not redlight, bog, or look like too much of a noobie. Hahahaha.

· Boost Junkie
15,154 Posts
Not bad for your first time out. You've got a second and a half waiting to come off that time once you get your 60fts down to where they should be:)

Steve K.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
Evill Supra said:
Not bad for your first time out. You've got a second and a half waiting to come off that time once you get your 60fts down to where they should be:)

Steve K.
^Yea same, you'll do much better when you nail those 60's down. Did, you power brake ?

· Registered
1,510 Posts
ET Streets. I do not think the ET Streets would be too bad on an Auto because the scary part is when the slicks unload and then load ( shifting). I would just keep a decent amount of air in the ET( 15 psi +) and a good idea is to pump up your fronts to 45 psi. Good luck and keep practicing and remember racing is about the the 60ft and 330 ft mark.

Staats

· Kwan Jul Sul Freak
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the great advice.

I did powerbrake a little. I really haven't practiced taking it to the edge of stall without the car moving. I was afraid to creep through the beams, so I did a mediocre powerbrake.

I will try the softer rear and harder front tire pressures next time. Thanks!

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
DrMike said:
Not bad! 10's are on the way :)
Mike, I was talking to Jason. Hes gonna come up our way to Burger Master so we can go Whoop some stangs :D

· 900 BHP Club :)
5,804 Posts
TooJayZee said:
Mike, I was talking to Jason. Hes gonna come up our way to Burger Master so we can go Whoop some stangs :D
lol. watch what you say on the internets... last time I said a supra whooped up on a GN I was confronted at Burger Master :lol:

· Bad Karma Supra
3,194 Posts
Nice work! Now spray it....seriously, spray it out of the hole...screw that power braking shit!

:)
Jay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.