Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
627,2rwhp on pumpgas
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, not realy the first time but last time i only did 2 runs and my sparkplugs were fucked up = bad trapspeed.

This time I set a new Swedish bpu record with [email protected] 60ft 1,83 on pumpgas and TTC.

Theres just one thing I don´t get. Shouldn´t I be into the 11´s with a 60ft of 1.83 and a trapspeed of 118.78? My best 60 ft were 1,77 and best trap speed 119mph.

I don´t realy understand how I should be able to run mid 11´s? I think I will do 11´s next time with higher trapspeed, it was soaking hot at the track (80+ in the shadow) so if it is coulder I should be able to pick a few mph (1-2) more. One strange thing was that my 201m trapspeed was quite low 89-90mph, maybe I should do the spring mod for higher boost at first and second gear.

I know I can cut a bit of the 60 ft, mayby down to 1,75 or a little bit lower, but that won´t be enougt to run mid 11´s.

I think the car runs realy well for a bpu+ (with a crappy IC).

And ofcause I use M/T ET Street 10,5" and I do realise that I need more practise!

I appriciate any help I can get, I realy want to be the first Swedish bpu into the 11´s.

/Per

·
627,2rwhp on pumpgas
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stillnotav12kilr said:
With those 60 foots i think you are a pretty descent driver.What is the altitude you are at?
Don´t know, but not very high.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Stockholm should be at sea level or slightly above. You are almost in the high 11s, just keep practicing and get new sparkplugs and gap them lower.

·
627,2rwhp on pumpgas
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stringer Bell said:
Stockholm should be at sea level or slightly above. You are almost in the high 11s, just keep practicing and get new sparkplugs and gap them lower.
The sparkplugs are new NGK3330, so the car runs fine now.

I´m just a little curious if I should be in the 11´s with my 60ft and trapspeed. Thoes of you that run 11´s with 6spd what trapspeed and 60ft do you have?

/Per

·
627,2rwhp on pumpgas
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stu Hagen said:
ran 5 runs in a row, every run trapped of 118.xx, and every ET was 11.7x-11.8x
6sp MT on stock rims. Sea level, 68 degrees. Actually did a 125 trap on street tires, but didnt get into the 11's
What was your 60ft?

/Per

·
FastFreddy
67 Posts
Grattis mannen till rekordet!

Thank's for a wonderful day mate! :) Nice driving :sadance:
Congrats to the Swedish BPU record, I hope you´ll drive a 11sec next time... :)

:gaysex:

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
IIRC, JDM cars have smaller front brakes than the TT's in the states....get rid of those big chunks of metal on the front and you will see ~11.88 or so e.t.'s with NO other changes. Rotational mass means ALOT when it comes to drag racing. I would suggest a 15" front with 25X4 skinny....total weight is around 22lbs.

Jason

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
60 foot isn't everything. It depends on how your car does in the 1/8th. Normally the person with the higher 1/8th MPH will ET quicker if the 60's & 1/4 MPH are similar.

Good times.

·
Registered
125 Posts
you may be lifting too much between shifts and loosing too much boost. With 1.8 60ft's and 119 traps I was stuck at 12.0 's for a while until I started to barely lift throttle between shifts then...BAM 11.7's all day long w/ same 60'ft and same mph

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Try to get almost [email protected] in the 1/8 and you should be set for your 11s. That will net you roughly 11.8-11.9 according to my timeslips.

Also, don't shift into 5th if you are. Keep 4th right to the floor.

With a 1.9x 60' I was still able to hit 11.97 in my car, sokeep that right stick to the floor! :)

Another thing. When doing the burnout, make sure you heat those tires up GOOD. Really give a good smoke show and make sure you come out of the water box still spinning the tires to get rid of any water that is on them. If you have any water at all, you'll probably spin or get wheel hop and be stuck in the 1.8-1.9 range for 60's.

I was burning out for more than 10 seconds for the 1.75 launches. I was launching the car at 6000 rpms with a little clutch slip and the tires stuck VERY well.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
diambo4life said:
60 foot isn't everything. It depends on how your car does in the 1/8th. Normally the person with the higher 1/8th MPH will ET quicker if the 60's & 1/4 MPH are similar.

Good times.

bullshit, 60fts are EVERYTHING. For every .1 you pick up in the 60ft, you gain .2 in the 1/4.

Jason

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
HotSoup said:
bullshit, 60fts are EVERYTHING. For every .1 you pick up in the 60ft, you gain .2 in the 1/4.

Jason

Oh...sorry, I do not drag race at all. :rofl: As I said earlier, in addition to the 60ft, your 1/8th performance makes a big difference on the overall 1/4 ET. I don't care whether you think it's bullshit or not. It's a fact.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts