Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I skipped out on ToyotaFest to attend a drag even at Famoso Raceway with another supra member yesterday. Nervous as heck since I had never launched the car nor ever burned out. But in the end, had an awesome time and am completely satisfied with the current fruits of my labor.

Mods:
RmR Dp
2nd Gen. TRD exhaust
Wastegate Spring Mod
HKS EVC-6
Street Tires Nitto 555 275/40/17
And 5 gallons of 110 Oct

I ran 10 passes. Consistently hitting 12.8 for 7 passes and managed to get the hang of the launch and finally hit 12.7, 12.6, & 12.5 on my last 3 passes. I know I have much room for improvement....60ft sucks :-/

https://imgur.com/a/yAgFp

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
Nice, that's a healthy BPU car at nearly 119 mph traps.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Wow, that thing could go in the 11's easily! Good job for the first time out.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Him and I were the only Supras out there. His car is definitely making great power with BPU mods. What's more impressive is how clean the car is - engine bay, exterior and interior are exceptional!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Rg42284, did you run you supra?
Yes, at 17psi of boost, which is my pump gas setting, it ran 11.3 @ 121 twice. Runs were done when the track opened.

At 28psi of boost it ran a 10.34 @ 133 with a 1.57 60'. I turned the boost up to 30psi, but every launch I attempted ended in spinning (3 attempts). I dropped the tire pressure to 12psi with same results. I just think the track prep went away. Tires are 295/17 MT drag radials.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, that's a healthy BPU car at nearly 119 mph traps.
Thanks man! I was completely surprised and satisfied on how she performed considering that I baby her most of the time!

Wow, that thing could go in the 11's easily! Good job for the first time out.
I'm hoping to do better on June 4th. They are holding a night event at Famoso and hopefully the cold weather will play to our advantage.

Great runs for first time out!
Thanks man! :)

Good job? Same boost each run or different?
Thanks! I had set my ebc to 20psi. After every run, the Peak Boost was reading between 20-21 psi. I didn't adjust the coeff at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richard! Thanks for sharing your wisdom and it was a pleasure meeting you! Looking forward to June 4th! FMIC inbound ;)

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Did you do an ebrake/footbrake stall to get the car up on boost?

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Just trying to think of ways to get you in the 11's. Research the #1 turbo boost controller...

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
If you want to race on the cheap best investment you can make is a pair of rx7 FD wheels and some mickey Thompson drag radials.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I haven't been to the track myself and would love to hear about this launch process. If you are in sequential, doing the ebv spring mod will put u to 12-13 psi on first turbo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts