Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went down to the strip tonight to see what my car can do. or what i can do haha..

mods:

3"DDP,testpipe, catback to n1 muffler
custom hardpipes
wastegate shimmed to 13 psi
cone filter
stock turbo
235/40/r17 tires

best time was a 14.00 at 100mph. 60 ft was 2.23. im pretty happy with the result. i was realllly hoping for a 13 but oh well.. only had 4 runs and on the 2nd on i missed 2nd..

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
60: 2.239
330: 6.037
1/8th : 9.138
mph: 79.56
1000: 11.772
1/4:14.008
mph: 100.87

best i can do. dont have a scanner or antyhing.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
drop that 60' and you'll have much better et's without doing much more to the car. hell my trap speed is close to what guys on stock turbos do, and my turbo aint stock.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol i could not get traction in first.. i should of swapped on my 16's with a 235/60 tire. but i never did.. oh well next week. im also not use to my clutch.. i basically broke it in on the way to the track... lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
drop the tire pressure, high rev and launch will drop your 60fts down way much. :D good times for 1xtime.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i had the pressure at 26. the sidewall was getting realllly small.. didnt want to run it any lower since i had to drive to the gas station which was down the highway :) next mod is either, installing all my FFIM and ebay FMIC or buying some et streets :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol w/e. i think those times r pretty good for the first time. and not being use to my clutch at all.. and on 17" tires. lol the odds were against me so im proud, but i know i can do better, and i will :) the trap speeds show the car is capable of more, i just have to improve my skills :)

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
thats pretty good!

this makes me wanna get to a track as soon as i can..

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
stratoayu said:
lol w/e. i think those times r pretty good for the first time. and not being use to my clutch at all.. and on 17" tires. lol the odds were against me so im proud, but i know i can do better, and i will :) the trap speeds show the car is capable of more, i just have to improve my skills :)
so do you have 550s? im going back hopefully soon after i get the brakes done and wondering if you were spiking any on the shifts and hitting fuel cut

just get those 60's down and thats at 13.8 car at least, just remember if the track is prepared enough you can raise that launch by a 1k or so compared to the street (in my experience)

<l><l>

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no running 440's. hit fuel cut breifly on one run. but it was very minor.. and it spiked up to about 14.2 psi.. the track seemed was pretty slippery.. but i will be in the 13's no doubt.. im running stock turbo and fuel system.. but itll make it.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Don't sweat it my first times sucked too. It's not like every one goes to the track and get low 13's on their first run. It is always easier said than done.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
stratoayu said:
so i went down to the strip tonight to see what my car can do. or what i can do haha..

mods:

3"DDP,testpipe, catback to n1 muffler
custom hardpipes
wastegate shimmed to 13 psi
cone filter
stock turbo
235/40/r17 tires

best time was a 14.00 at 100mph. 60 ft was 2.23. im pretty happy with the result. i was realllly hoping for a 13 but oh well.. only had 4 runs and on the 2nd on i missed 2nd..

Good run! I was there to see that run last night. I was with Michelle in the MKIV

oops! EDIT: This is Duane from Ron's puter LOL

Duane

·
Registered
625 Posts
sweet deal, was this at pir or in wash? yeah I have basiclly same things ran [email protected] Dunno why but never been able to get my trap over 100mph. I got to fix a hg before I can go put down some more times this year though. your pretty lucky not to be hitting fc at 13psi. I put in a fcd just because that problem. anyways hope to see ya at the track. late

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
:drool:
stratoayu said:
lol ohh right on, i was going to say hello but had to run to line up the car.

I just logged Ron out this time LOL

The run looked like a good one. I was guessing a 13 but you came up with a 14 flat at the end. I know what the flat runs are like THEY SUCK. SOOOO close to that 13 :faint:

Nice one again and nice colour

Was at Mission Raceway in Canada (sea level like PIR)

Duane

1 - 20 of 25 Posts