Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
official pace car of I-75
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this was my first time racin the supra last nite. running 18 inch rims with 275 in the rear.

19 PSI w/ C16

full weight BPU

[email protected] MPH with a 2.399 60FT. too much spinning i guess.

i was pussy footin it untill about 45 then layin into it.

also.. this is an AUTO BPU

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Your trap speed is pretty good. Your 60ft times are horrible though. If you can get a better launch you will see a huge improvement in your 1/4mile times.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i dont think the c16 will help you at all on a bpu car. now ,straight 100 unleaded will do wonders and burn just right on any bpu car.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
18 inch rims with small sidewall are killing your times. Try some smaller wheels and/or drag radials.

drift_tt_23, why is c16 not going to help? If mixed 50/50 with pump gas, it should have the same effect as straight 100 unleaded.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yeah I've heard 100 is just right, anything over is just a waste. I would run turbo blue (110).. I didn't know where to get 100. As far as single guys, you would for sure want to run c16, am I correct?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Nice mph... Do you have dyno numbers on the race gas at that psi?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
crossways said:
18 inch rims with small sidewall are killing your times. Try some smaller wheels and/or drag radials.

drift_tt_23, why is c16 not going to help? If mixed 50/50 with pump gas, it should have the same effect as straight 100 unleaded.
he can do ok with the 18's. just needs a nice drag radials to help hook i would think.

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
With a octane rating of 97-98, you can run 21 PSI on the stockers without problems. Trap speeds seem to fall around 117-123 mph depending on the power your BPU puts out.

Overall, looks like the car did pretty well, but don't waste your money on strait C16.

Brian

·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i didnt a small spin to clean the tires thats all. i have yet to run it with anything other than C16. it pulls like a SOB with it so ive been using it. i have dyno'd it at 17 psi with 93 octane @ 400WHP

next thing im getting is some ET streets for it.

and next time at the track im going 22 psi just too see what i can trap

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
texasmr2 said:
Also dont forget DO NOT DO A BURNOUT on street tires.
myth, do a small 3 second burnout just enough to clean the tires off and haze them alittle. I have pulled many a 1.9 on my 275/40 street tires in 17" and 18". Auto, bpu, stock stall.

After i come down the return lain, there is rocks stuck in the tires, they are much stickier. The key is to not over do it.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
NH94BPU said:
yeah i didnt a small spin to clean the tires thats all. i have yet to run it with anything other than C16. it pulls like a SOB with it so ive been using it. i have dyno'd it at 17 psi with 93 octane @ 400WHP

next thing im getting is some ET streets for it.

and next time at the track im going 22 psi just too see what i can trap
17 psi with 93 octane and you made 400rwhp? Is this SAE? You did say you had a BPU automatic right?

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
myth, do a small 3 second burnout just enough to clean the tires off and haze them alittle. I have pulled many a 1.9 on my 275/40 street tires in 17" and 18". Auto, bpu, stock stall.

After i come down the return lain, there is rocks stuck in the tires, they are much stickier. The key is to not over do it.
I guess I should have been a little more clear. I just meant not to do a John Force burnout lol.

·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DaTruth said:
17 psi with 93 octane and you made 400rwhp? Is this SAE? You did say you had a BPU automatic right?
well it was actually 17.4 psi and we dyno'd about 12 times, highest was 402, lowest was 391

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,014 Posts
Add some ET Streets and you are in mid 12s. Bump up the stall and you have a 11s ride.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts