Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AZ RuleZ!!!!!
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've actually had the map ecu in the car for some time now, but never got around to even drive the car much, just sits in the garage... Anyways, I got some time off, and I wanted to get that lean tip in somewhat fixed cause it's annoying as shit...

Anyways, I've never used and kind of tuning piggyback before so I hardly know what I'm doing, I plugged in everything and it seems to be reading fine, my map is ALL over the place, really needs to get tuned this week, but anyways, I read the entire thread that was started on the lean tip where it lean just as you throttle it, and then it barely lets you drive off, gotta gas it ALLOT to get it going off the line...

Anyways, I was reading where some poeple put the max tps at 800 and put in 3,2,1,0,0,0 or something like that.
The help I need is pretty much HOW I do that??? Where do I go on the laptop to get there to set what I'm supposed to...

If anyone could do a follow through of what I'm supposed to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.
PLease help!!! Thanx allot, and hope to have this figured out soon, again, much appreciated...

· SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,006 Posts
farzad3kgt said:
Hey guys, I've actually had the map ecu in the car for some time now, but never got around to even drive the car much, just sits in the garage... Anyways, I got some time off, and I wanted to get that lean tip in somewhat fixed cause it's annoying as shit...

Anyways, I've never used and kind of tuning piggyback before so I hardly know what I'm doing, I plugged in everything and it seems to be reading fine, my map is ALL over the place, really needs to get tuned this week, but anyways, I read the entire thread that was started on the lean tip where it lean just as you throttle it, and then it barely lets you drive off, gotta gas it ALLOT to get it going off the line...

Anyways, I was reading where some poeple put the max tps at 800 and put in 3,2,1,0,0,0 or something like that.
The help I need is pretty much HOW I do that??? Where do I go on the laptop to get there to set what I'm supposed to...

If anyone could do a follow through of what I'm supposed to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.
PLease help!!! Thanx allot, and hope to have this figured out soon, again, much appreciated...
All of this is covered in older posts in this forum. Read back on some older posts in the PHR forum, older than the standard 45 day period.

Thanks,

· AZ RuleZ!!!!!
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Allot, but I just messed with the whole thing and pretty much got it... I just didn't know where to go to change out the tps min, max, and %, but got everything where I wanted to be. Actually, I have no idea how I got it, but I fixed the lean spot as well, car drives absolutely perfect...

1,006 Posts
farzad3kgt said:
Thanks Allot, but I just messed with the whole thing and pretty much got it... I just didn't know where to go to change out the tps min, max, and %, but got everything where I wanted to be. Actually, I have no idea how I got it, but I fixed the lean spot as well, car drives absolutely perfect...
Thats pretty scary that you have no idea how you got it tuned. TPS Min/Max are under EDIT/ECU CONFIGURATION. This is also covered in the user manual on the CDROM or downloadable from www.mapecu.co.nz

Thanks,

· AZ RuleZ!!!!!
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, I was reading the thread that was locked earlier, and I set the numbers in for the tps min and max, and out in the %. But the numbers everyone was using were to low, I bumped them up to 8-10%, went back and added or took away fuel depending on how the lean spot got, I richened it out ALLOT and it seems to be fine, ran smooth with no hesitation. Only problem I'm running into is that, if I throttle it VERY lightly, it will lean out for a second, but I won't feel the hesitation, but if I throttle it somewhat hard, it will be fine, and the AFR's will go no more than 15's...

1,006 Posts
farzad3kgt said:
LOL, I was reading the thread that was locked earlier, and I set the numbers in for the tps min and max, and out in the %. But the numbers everyone was using were to low, I bumped them up to 8-10%, went back and added or took away fuel depending on how the lean spot got, I richened it out ALLOT and it seems to be fine, ran smooth with no hesitation. Only problem I'm running into is that, if I throttle it VERY lightly, it will lean out for a second, but I won't feel the hesitation, but if I throttle it somewhat hard, it will be fine, and the AFR's will go no more than 15's...
Good, I'm glad to know you got it sorted out.. I've never had the hesitation issue that was brought up in that earlier thread either, which is why I locked it. At least you dived in and figured it out.. congrats!

· AZ RuleZ!!!!!
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
8secsupra said:
Good, I'm glad to know you got it sorted out.. I've never had the hesitation issue that was brought up in that earlier thread either, which is why I locked it. At least you dived in and figured it out.. congrats!
YAY YAEEEE!!!! I thought for some reason the damn stock ECU would fight it back and mess it all up the nest day, but it's still in perfect running order, guess things are finally turning how I wanted them to. The car is still really rich, but for some reason, I cannot get any traction 1st through half of 4th gear :) ...

I'll get it running even better by next week, thanx for your help...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts