Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished a major overhaul of my NA-T '95 sc300. I'm currently running a stock GE bottom end; a built shortblock is on the way.

The mods include:
T71GTQ
SP manifold/dp
Custom exhaust
DaveH intake
Accufab 4" TB
Greddy 4-row
VW 3 1/2" intake charge pipe
1000cc injectors
Dual Walbros; 8AN hardline
Meth injection
Fluidyne radiator
Custom DS
AEM
RLTC
ATI crank pulley
Tilton clutch
TT 6-speed/LSD
Coil packs (no distributor; converted to wasted spark using hall sensors)
MSD DIS4
HKS 264 cams (intake and exhaust)

Went to the dyno yesterday for the first time. Here are the numbers; as the subject line states, I have built and tuned this car...

Pump gas: 467rwhp @ 14psi 10.5 AFR 20 degrees timing
114 octane: 630rwhp @ 24psi 10.8 AFR 16 degrees timing

Jotech Motorsports couldn't print out the dyno sheets, but they gave me the dynojet files. I'll post the dyno sheet once I download the software to print them out.

I'm very pleased with the results but have some work to do on the top end. I kept it conservative seeing this was the first time putting the car under heavy load. The really good news is that the turbo has about another 7psi of headroom; plus, I can afford to add some timing while taking out some fuel.

-scott

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Those are very nice numbers congrats :bigthumb:! Atleast you dont have to worry about the 5-speed although the dyno is less stressful on the tranny.

Gregg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BLITZSUPRA said:
Very, very conservative tuning for sure. I would at least try AFRs of 11.2 to 11.4 with a bit more timing.
Agreed. However, I was very happy with the pump gas numbers, and those are good because I could make agressive passes on the street while monitoring knock. All the pulls above 14psi where on the dyno, only. Plus, they were first-time 4th gear pulls to redline... ergo very conservative.

-scott

·
Registered
424 Posts
badass, I cant wait to see the dyno graph. Do you have any pics of the car/engine bay?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats on such stout numbers. I'll definately be waiting to hear what numbers you get when you do some more tuning and crank the boost up!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SP SC300 said:
Awesome numbers Scott, just needs some fine tuning.

So the above numbers were without meth spraying?

Congrats

Chris
All... thanks for the encouragement. This has been a 3-year effort that's finally paying off. :)

Chris, no methanol. I'm trying to figure out how to run methanol and anti-lag. Both currently use the alt fuel and spark trims. I'll probably have to use the nitrous tables to control the methanol.

-scott

·
Banned
663 Posts
Use the nitrous tables..config the Nitrous activation to use an SW input on the AEM EMS, and presto. If you need help with that you can PM me.

Nice car man!

·
Registered
424 Posts
very nice. What rpm does the pull stop at, I cant tell by mph. Also any pics of the car itself? Great numbers man!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SVTdubs said:
very nice. What rpm does the pull stop at, I cant tell by mph. Also any pics of the car itself? Great numbers man!
I know we made pulls to 7500 or 8000 RPMs, but I can't remember which. I'll have to check my AEM logs to be sure.

-scott

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Congrats Scott! Especially impressive considering the conservative tuning. The stock bottom should stay together for a loooong time with it that consevative. No need for that built bottom end. :) You can send it up to me for testing. Ha!

·
Registered
416 Posts
motorheaddown said:
Here are the last four pulls. Unfortunately, the torque plots didn't work at Jotech.

The last pull was at 25psi. Notice how the hp continues to climb. That implies the torque is *very* stout. :)

-scott

Not to knock on you, but you sure it wasn't boost creep? Flat tq isn't seen very often except in cars w/ good flowing heads and aggressive cams. Got any pics of the car/engine bay?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
TurboSpoolinInside said:
Not to knock on you, but you sure it wasn't boost creep? Flat tq isn't seen very often except in cars w/ good flowing heads and aggressive cams. Got any pics of the car/engine bay?
Positive. I brought in my AEM logs to post, but it was the wrong file. I'll post it tomorrow.

As it turns out, the boost actually drops to 23 and some change at peak horsepower. The log will answer exactly your concern.

However, I did notice the dyno operator shut the car down at 7100 RPMs. I asked him to take it to at least 7500 RPMs. That certainly could explain the increasing hp curve because he didn't take it to redline.

-scott

1 - 20 of 29 Posts