Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I raced my car for the first time at the track tonight. Some embarassing times to my standard but my best was a 14.49 @97mph 2.245 60' and .246rt. Car just has dp testpipe exhaust and k&n intake. I hope to improve some more but want to get the car running smoother first with maybe a little more power. It was fun and thanks for the tips matt(?).. I hope to go again soon.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Theres more in her! i know it but not bad being ur first time!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, yeah its stock boost but I think there is a boost leak as it spikes sometimes and have hit fuel cut. I need to get my avc-r wired in still but want to find the boost leak or cause of over boosting first. Unfortantly all the car's that I race were in the 12's so I felt very slow but did have a close run with a bmw. Now its time for more mods and 13's hopefully. This was on some cheap tires (stock size) and full weight with jack and spare still in the car. I know the car can go faster but that will come next time.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
don't feel bad. My 60ft was 2.5 ran a 14.3 but brought it down to a 13.8 @ 102 with a 60ft of 2.2

·
Registered
375 Posts
hmm my car is slow then...with all my mods i get 2.2 60fts and still run 14.7. with a 60-1ct26 at 9psi...ouch i need help driving!

·
Registered
57 Posts
i run 14.5 at 97mph on my auto with similar mods. stock turbo elbow, 3 inch dp, 2.5 inch hollowed cat, brullen 3 inch cat back, and k&n fipk. my sixty foot was a 2.2

·
Registered
375 Posts
blah mine is a 5spd though...and i got a 3in elbow, exhaust and a 60-1 at 9psi!...

·
Registered
57 Posts
i wouldn't worry about it. you'll get the bugs worked out. it just takes practice. racing with an auto is too easy. i'm allready at 5-6 psi when the light goes green thanks to brake boosting :) once you get it down and start pushing that turbo you'll get into low 13's

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
Don't beat urself up, it was ur first time!! Mine was very similar but mine was also that same night. started off with a 14.6 but my 60's were killing me that night! u'll get better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts