Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share my first time to the strip last night, since I bought my car 6 years ago. Just wanted to hear some thought on if it looks normal or abnormal.
First I found the ET to be a bit on the lower side, maybe that is due to the 3800 stall or...?
Do you guys think it could do better?

Current mods:

-PHR Street Torque kit w/ PTE6466
-PHR Dual pump Fuel system w/ ID1000
-Stock auto trans with 3800 stall
-Completely stock motor
-TRD LSD
-Standalone ECU
-MT ET Street Radials with FD RX7 wheels

The car was running 20psi on 93 pump gas. Also running a bit on the rich side, will be fine tuned next week.

Right side

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not bad looks like you're losing some power through the auto.
For comparison my 6 speed car
-phr 6266 torque kit
-walbro 450 with 800cc inj
-stock suspension, stock engine
-24.5 tall slicks

Made 452whp at 16.5 psi ( was hitting 17psi at the track )
[email protected] with a 1.73 60foot

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
The converter is definitely costing you a little et on the top end. I also think running 20PSI on 93 piss fuel maybe isn't the best idea. You picked up 25mph up top, but the multiplier is 1.567 for your 1/8th vs 1/4 mile ET (11.833/7.549). You usually want to see that in the 1.54-1.55 range for autos. 6-speeds will see even better as they don't lose the mph up top due to the converter slippage. I'd think you could run more timing with some race fuel mixed in with that 93 if you plan to run 20psi and pick up more mid range and top end.

Steve K.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
There is more to be gained at that boost level. Maybe the tune is off. 60' time was great!

I ran my car back in the spring with the FSR 6466 cast setup. I do have GSC S1 cams. Boost was 18 psi. I ran 93 octane w/ one gal of C-16 for safety. On a soft 1.74 60' I ran [email protected] MPH.

With some more seat time and a tune, I think you can bring that time down a lot. If you ran that in South Florida, I am sure the 100 deg + heat index did not help.

Al

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your inputs, appreciate it!

The converter is definitely costing you a little et on the top end. I also think running 20PSI on 93 piss fuel maybe isn't the best idea. You picked up 25mph up top, but the multiplier is 1.567 for your 1/8th vs 1/4 mile ET (11.833/7.549). You usually want to see that in the 1.54-1.55 range for autos. 6-speeds will see even better as they don't lose the mph up top due to the converter slippage. I'd think you could run more timing with some race fuel mixed in with that 93 if you plan to run 20psi and pick up more mid range and top end.

Steve K.
Thanks Steve, appreciate the answer! Might lower the boost to 18 and have the tuner fine tune it to get good AFR (currently around 10.6-10.8 to be on the safe side). Tuner had to re schedule for a fine tune, due in a week or 2

There is more to be gained at that boost level. Maybe the tune is off. 60' time was great!

I ran my car back in the spring with the FSR 6466 cast setup. I do have GSC S1 cams. Boost was 18 psi. I ran 93 octane w/ one gal of C-16 for safety. On a soft 1.74 60' I ran [email protected] MPH.

With some more seat time and a tune, I think you can bring that time down a lot. If you ran that in South Florida, I am sure the 100 deg + heat index did not help.

Al
Thanks! The 60' got good when the tire pressure went below 18psi

aren't you close to the limit of the stock trans at that power?
I do plan on going with an ATF built trans when this one goes out, so just it's just a matter of time I guess

Probably ok if he does not let it upshift to 2nd in a burnout.
I only do 1st gear burnouts, then put the shifter to D and let it shift by itself

I will update this thread after a fine tune and more seat time :) hoping to at least low 11's this summer

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
10.6-10.8 is a little on the rich side. 11.3-11.5 is plenty safe for you. Either mix in some race fuel or lower the boost as I am sure you aren't able to run much timing on pump fuel and 93 octane. Those 2 things will help you a lot, but you are on borrowed time with the trans at this power level.

Steve

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
60 looks decent, think it's just a combo of tune, air temp, fuel, not enough boost imo. I was pushing more boost on stock twins, i ran the 3800 stall in a stock auto in my bpu days car went solid 11.60-11.33 as best.

·
Registered
713 Posts
With all due respect, if I were you I would buy another transmission now if you don't already have a backup.

You are going to need it soon and it will be nice to already have it, as opposed to having to source one later. Also, you won't be as "desperate" and will be able to find a decent deal.

Or ideally, buy the pre-built Induction performance one to throw in when the stocker pops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts