Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well tim talked me into coming down to PIR tonight to run my car and by the time i got there around 845 he had already taken off!!! But "Treal" Matt was there to chit chat with about how to launch my beast ... Full interior plus big stereo system and cage she pulled a [email protected] which im ok with the trap but my 2.4 60 ft's were killin me :agreed: MT 275/40/17 drag radials were not helping much :nono: Had to leave at ten because my car was over 90+ Db so i didnt get much practice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon :wavey: Yeah i totally forgot to lower my tire pressure i was running 30 psi and matt told me to drop down to 18 or so but i have heard that you get better traction at woodburn but i still think the 275's are not wide enough for me! Atleast the car was running good thanks to that tuner guy :facesjump

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
nice trap! did you wheel hop at all? I'll be running at woodburn on the 25th and I'm worried about wheel hopping like I did in canada. 274/40/17 Nitto NT555R's here.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
nice trap! did you wheel hop at all? I'll be running at woodburn on the 25th and I'm worried about wheel hopping like I did in canada. 274/40/17 Nitto NT555R's here.
Get rid of the girlie tires, get slicks and you have your problem solved ;) You might even break an 11! :D

Duane

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good first run! You got the trap to run some nice low times, now just get the 60ft down and youll be good!

Way to rep the white supras to.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Get rid of the girlie tires, get slicks and you have your problem solved ;) You might even break an 11! :D

Duane
I run on the track what I run on the street. when are you gonna run an 11 on your new setup duane? do it in front of your home town too you puss! :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wheel hop

I had some nasty wheel hop coming to the top of first into second gear but the more i think im happy with how the car ran considering i never lowered the tire pressure and had the suspension all still set stiff for the street :gaysex: I tried slipping it out of the hole matt but what a dirty pirate hooker to get traction! :eek4dance

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Seeing as Dizzle was there...where's another 'Treal Production'? Great trap Pimpin'...makes me realize just how slow my car is. You'll be kicked out of PIR with a little more practice

·
"Its got a handle"
234 Posts
Nice number Matt! :bigthumb:
Especially for a high end car audio display. Might be the fastest home theater trap ever.
Changing the angle on that sub would help your 60's
12.2 + 130 SPL=awesome
Treal fo sho

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Out driving the car today and i noticed i wasnt holding near the 28psi i should be i dont think i was hitting much more than 26 last night and then i finally blew my t-bolt off right at the turbo when headed to baxters to pick up a few parts to fix a fuel line. Upon more inspection i found an intake manifold leak that the cap came off of as well so i have everything fixed now including my leaky fuel rail :madf: Soooo i might just have to go back down to the track next weekend and see if i can beat my times :eek: I could probably cut a hole in the floor and fred flinstone a better 60' anyways :run:

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Damnit all of these threads that say "track" I assume are running cars on race track rather than a drag strip. :doh:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Damnit all of these threads that say "track" I assume are running cars on race track rather than a drag strip. :doh:

Tilt your head back down. You might drown in the rain with your nose pointed so far up :1poke:

J/K Quick, we need to hook up for a beer soon :wavey:

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Tilt your head back down. You might drown in the rain with your nose pointed so far up :1poke:

J/K Quick, we need to hook up for a beer soon :wavey:
:lol: I just wish more Supra owners hit the road course. Reading about the drags is entertaining though -- all kinds of smack talk.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear ya quick... my car is actually set up more for the road course i was just asked by tim from RREV to bring my car down and see what it can do... i would love to hit the road course sometime :coold:

·
Registered
715 Posts
WOW. That thing was haulin.. I must have just missed you. I took off about 8:30 because I had sick kids a t home. Sorry I missed you. With 130 traps you have a 10 sec pass for sure. Just keep practicing. The really nice thing about your car is that you have a roll bar. So you are good to 10.00 or 135 mph... Probobly will get booted for the 135+ first :)

NICE JOB !!

Tim

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
Nice first runs...you're going to improve those times really sure I'm soon! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
I hear ya quick... my car is actually set up more for the road course i was just asked by tim from RREV to bring my car down and see what it can do... i would love to hit the road course sometime :coold:
July 2 - Definitive Driving up at PR. Come on out. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts