Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

had my first track day in the supra today, but it all go down too well.

First off, the cover that covers the fuel tank was loose and scraping the ground, so I unbolted this.

Then the biggest issue is boost. I couldnt get any more than .2bar of boost! The whole track day!! Its intermittent, now, at home, it works fine. Its like the car knows when its going to get thrashed! Does any one have suggestion why maybe??

Then, seems like i have cooked the power steering fluid. It was hard from t he first session, and is now hard, its not totally dead, but its def stiffer.

The next problem, which was user error, was I put a flat spot in the tyres, im only running crappy SP9000 Dunlops, with about 30% tread, but they held up quiet well.. Reason for this is ABS does not work, Ive checked fuses, abd sensores etc, and t hey all seem to be fine.

So in the end, i still had a fun day, but was 6 seconds slower then my Altezza :(

·
Registered
898 Posts
Not sure about your boost problem but you need to get a power steering cooler ASAP. They cost like $25-$30. You can use a ATV oil cooler for this. It will take you all of 20 min to install. When you do drain all the burnt fluid that's in the seering rack and canister out and fill with fresh fluid, start the car move the wheel back and forth a few times and add more till full.

For your other problems get the Toyota repair manuals and trace down the things that are wrong.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
You should check and probably replace most all fluids before attempting a track day (oil, tranny, PS, brake, etc). They will all get pretty hot.
And yes, you can't have enough coolers!

·
Banned
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did all fluids except for Diff. I did Tranny, Engine, power steer & brake fluids

Teh reason for the power steer issue, is that I had to remove the stock power steer lines, so I could fit the front mount. I replace it with some rubber (hi pressure) hose, which is obviously not enough to t ake the temps on teh track, seems to be ok for daily driving tho.

Cheers
Shane

·
Registered
531 Posts
Get a small cooler around 5x6 for the power steering and put it in the duct under the drivers side light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts