Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my Na-t project tuned and went out last night for some fun. My setup is a 7mge engine 9.4:1 compresssion, Ct-26 at 8psi, 7mge ECU and AFM, SAFC and LM-1 Wideband for tuning. Here is a pic of my setup.

Anyways, I left work and decided to go on a night time cruise. I ended up driving by a Mobil gas station and saw a stock WRX probably 2003 or 04 sitting pumping gas. The kid looked up when I went by. I slowed down to around 40mph and waited. I wasn't sure if he was coming or not. In a bit I saw his headlights coming up on me pretty fast. We were on a two lane road I was on the right hand side he was on the left. When he was two car lengths back I downshifted into 3rd and put around 5 car lengths on him. Then I slowed down so he could catch up, but he flew by me so I went wot again and reeled him in putting around 4 car lengths on him before shutting it down. Then we raced from a dig at a light, he got the jump on me because I spun a bit in 1st but after I got traction it was all over. I tapped my brake lights to signify that the race was over. I was surprised at how easily I took a WRX. My car in stock N/A form got absolutely raped by any WRX modded or not. Before my 1/4 mile time was 15.2 @90mph.

Next kill was against a 95 Honda Prelude that had basic mods such as intake, headers, exhaust. This race started at a light. It was two lanes. I pulled up next to him and was just minding my own business. I pulled away slowly from the light as did he. Once I was at about 30 he punched so I did the same. We were nose to nose for a second because he got the jump on me but after I got spooled up it was no contest although I was impressed with his power from a roll at 30mph. I put around 7 car lengths on him and then shut it down. All in all it was a rewarding night. I was very happy that my Na-t worked well and I didn't have any problems. For doing my first turbo conversion by myself I think it was definately worth the time and money I spent on this project. Thanks for reading. Later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
nice kill :bigthumb:

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kuuligan said:
what kind of numbers are you expecting to make now?

good kills btw
at 8psi probably around 275rwhp 3xx ft/lbs torque.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
im sure you are producing better #s than that. Thats what a gte makes at 8lbs. 9.4:1 and 8lbs is a pretty quick set up.

~scott

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:
im sure you are producing better #s than that. Thats what a gte makes at 8lbs. 9.4:1 and 8lbs is a pretty quick set up.

~scott
How much would you think he is making?

BTW, awsome kill, and good write up ;) Must be fun to be spooling after being NA :)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
scottiedawg66 said:

~scott

no way the GTE makes 275 on stock boost. :dunno:

-Joe :run:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you can make 275 on 8 psi. Just not with a stock setup. Plus 8psi is not stock boost.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
cnewingham said:
you can make 275 on 8 psi. Just not with a stock setup. Plus 8psi is not stock boost.
yeah, i guess. its pretty much close to stock. itd take some nice mods to make 275, and if you had the mods to support 275 on 8psi, why would you be running that low anyway? :dunno:

-Joe :run:

·
Registered
41 Posts
gotta love those NA-t's

P

·
0 Posts
86SUPRA7mgte said:
just finished my 1/2 na-t as well. Boost is addicting.

-Dave
I purchased my 95 NA-T last Friday and had to go out of town on Sat. I'm out for a month before I can return home and I'm going through withdraws. This must be what it's like to be a crack head.

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,520 Posts
There is no way a GTE could make like 80-90 more RWHP by adding a ~1# of boost on the stock turbo... I could believe that with higher compresion and such that the NA-T would be making closer to 275RWHP though. But you did kill an STI so you must be close to there! Nice job and good driving!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts