Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 SZ
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought the newer Twin Scroll SPA Cast GE Manifold and successfully installed it on a RHD car? Looking to run a S366 as well. Looking for fitment info.
T.I.A

·
Registered
487 Posts
There was a post recently of someone installing a 9174efr or another efr turbo on the divided spa manifold and it did not fit even with massaging (aka bashing) the shock tower with a hammer. I think it's even tough to fit with a open manifold spa. Gonna be a real tight fit or your gonna need to deck the manifold at a machine shop.

·
Super Moderator
11,180 Posts
There was a post recently of someone installing a 9174efr or another efr turbo on the divided spa manifold and it did not fit even with massaging (aka bashing) the shock tower with a hammer. I think it's even tough to fit with a open manifold spa. Gonna be a real tight fit or your gonna need to deck the manifold at a machine shop.
Those fitment issues were for the 2JZ-GTE manifold, which has the T4 flange pointed at the shock tower.

The SPA 2JZ-GE divided manifold is very different, with the manifold itself sticking out further and the T4 flange pointing at the hood, like most 'top mount' tubular manifolds.
It fits very well with Borg turbos based on the pics I see in this thread:

From what I can see, aside from the DP needing to be made to fit, I believe it'd have no issues on a RHD car.

Reactions: kyleammo

·
Registered
1993 SZ
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those fitment issues were for the 2JZ-GTE manifold, which has the T4 flange pointed at the shock tower.

The SPA 2JZ-GE divided manifold is very different, with the manifold itself sticking out further and the T4 flange pointing at the hood, like most 'top mount' tubular manifolds.
It fits very well with Borg turbos based on the pics I see in this thread:

From what I can see, aside from the DP needing to be made to fit, I believe it'd have no issues on a RHD car.
I saw this thread.... just haven't seen any RHD input maybe I'll have to be the one to do it! Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts