Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I recently did my first head gasket job on my 1989 mk3. Anyways, a while back i picked up a set of 1986 injectors to one day put on. Now that im putting the intake and fuel rail back together, im able to use them. “Cut to the chase” okay i will. I noticed that the 1986 (yellow denso[i think denso]) injector clips are literally a hair off. (My 1989 injectors are green just fyi) would it be safe to flatten the sides to fit these? If so i will do so because they are newer and id assume a little more cleaner than mine. If not ill just slap my old ones back one with the new seals.
sorry for the long ass story.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. This was an overly stupid question. My friend schooled me about working smart not hard lmao

·
Registered
15 Posts
you only change injector size, not type or shape, and only to match the airflow and HP goal. and only if you have a plan for engine management to balance timing, fuel, and airflow. you have to engineer the whole build plan before messing with any single change

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you only change injector size, not type or shape, and only to match the airflow and HP goal. and only if you have a plan for engine management to balance timing, fuel, and airflow. you have to engineer the whole build plan before messing with any single change
I totally agree, and will keep that knowledge in mind. i got it up and running officially today with no problems or leaks. The only thing that stumped me was trying to fit the guides from the injector to harness. Other than that shes purrin (;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts