Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this strictly a mk 4 forum
anyway ive just got a mk3 n/a 92 in pristine white and runs like a beauty, its still got the stock radio and i have a nice kenwood headunit to put in it, but i dont know where to start, cars ive had in the past seem quite straight forward but this has a full molded plastic surround that extends from the rear of gear lever up to the heater controls
any tips would be very appreciated as i dont wont to damage anything

thanks in advance

first post and i screwed it up i really am a muppet

[ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: beermonster65 ]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guess i'll stick with the stock radio then cheers anyway

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
radio removal for mk3

1.remove ashtry and (2)sheet metal screws from behind that secure the trim
2.remove (1)phillips-head sheet metal screw from the left rear of the consol
3.remove(1)phillips-head sheet metal screw from lower left corner of the radio trim
4.unsnap trimpanal and disconnect(2)wiring harnesses
5.remove(4)phillips-head sheet metal screws from radio bracket slide radio out of cavity disconect power antena and all other electrical connections and remove radio

hope it helps from the guys in the USA

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for that, the radios out but the two wiring plugs are a bit confusing, the little one has red, yellow and black which i assume are for power, accesory power and ground but the other plug makes no sense at all, theres usually four sets of pairs for the speakers but the colours on this one are not logical to me anyway, i would be greatfull if anyone has a listing of these wires and colours or know of any wiring diagrams on the net i have search but cant find any cheers once again

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
could you post where you got the diagram from please!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i found a wiring diagram for the plugs on the net, and got it all connected up, music to my ears.

cheers for the help once again :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely. Get the wiring harness adapter, it just might be the best money spent in your system. :) I know that it's the best $9 that I put into MY system.

For the size of the opening, most stereo shops will have a DIN sized pocket that will cover the lower half of the stereo opening, unless you purchased a double-DIN sized head unit in the first place.

If you play your cards right, you'll end up with an aftermarket deck in your dashbvoard that looks like Toyota put it there back in '91 or '92 when your car rolled off the assembly line.

I've had several different decks in the dash of my Supra, some for test purposes, and, of course a couple that have stayed for a while.

Enjoy the tunes, and I wish putting a 6.5" speaker was as easy in my doors as it is in yours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts