Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few sets of wheels.
Here is a test fit with one set, and a mock up of body mods.

The rest is secret... :icon_evil

·
Registered
207 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhh.......thatss effin wide!

·
Super Moderator
10,138 Posts
Stretched tires FTL.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Like the wheels, don't like the body mods, they look like they are an after thought, they just stick out instead of flowing with the quarter panels. Look into this! Look at a late 90's/2000 model Ford F150 Step-Side pickup. The rear beds flair out and follow very close to the shape of the MKIII, and the beds are all fiberglass. If you could find a wrecked one to snag the bed from and just use a little imagination.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
Those better not be those wheels I want from you :drool:

Awsome looking fender flairs! Love that!

-Jonathan

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
don't like the wheel look at alll!

I like a tire to bulge out if anything.

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rajunz said:
Like the wheels, don't like the body mods, they look like they are an after thought, they just stick out instead of flowing with the quarter panels. Look into this! Look at a late 90's/2000 model Ford F150 Step-Side pickup. The rear beds flair out and follow very close to the shape of the MKIII, and the beds are all fiberglass. If you could find a wrecked one to snag the bed from and just use a little imagination.
Sorry, not thx but I appreciate the input

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
Yeah you definately need to get tires that fit those wheels... what the hell is the point in having an 11 inch wide wheel with 7 inch wide tires? It's like wearing a normal trojan when you know your cock requires a Magnum. Don't strangle it!

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chrisco said:
Yeah you definately need to get tires that fit those wheels... what the hell is the point in having an 11 inch wide wheel with 7 inch wide tires? It's like wearing a normal trojan when you know your cock requires a Magnum. Don't strangle it!
That is a a 285/35 ZR18. There is over 10 inches of rubber on the floor.

Thanx.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Chrisco said:

But it's jay dee emm!!

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Jesus Christ its a Goatse rim/tire combo!

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
those are pretty big, you should try and put some tires on there that fit tho! :D

i wanna see a full pic! no more secrets

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
garagefujimoto said:

Thanx.

Word! People always just "look" at the tire stretched on the rim, but you stretched 285's on there! MY god that wheel must be WIDE!

I love that look. It IS JDM, hell the care was MADE IN JAPAN. Might as well follow the styling cues of that culture....better yet if you like it, do it!

-Jonathan

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
garagefujimoto said:

Thanx.
285'S are made for a 9.5" to 10" wheel, that just doesn't make any sense from a performance point of view. Why would you encourage sidewall roll? :faint:

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
It has to do with NEW tire compounds and increased strength.

The new tires out today are ABLE to handle the extra stress.

Stretching the sidewalls are just another extra trick in the book to reduce sidewall flex and give a more "accurate" feel for the car.

Heck I always run a smaller tire than normal on a wide wheel. I just like the way the car preforms.

Some people have this story they have heard happening with stretching tires, as to they might blow off the rim. I have seen MANY people running HAPRI style tire set ups and NEVER ONCE have seen or experianced a tire unseating itself.

·
Local Tire Destroyer
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
simann said:
Word! People always just "look" at the tire stretched on the rim, but you stretched 285's on there! MY god that wheel must be WIDE!

I love that look. It IS JDM, hell the care was MADE IN JAPAN. Might as well follow the styling cues of that culture....better yet if you like it, do it!

-Jonathan

Thank You!
You are my new friend

As for putting narrower wheels on, I have stockers on my other 2 cars. This car is a right hand drive import, and I am looking to replicate the overseas style.

As for bigger tires, I am not in a position to afford 335's, or to make them fit
These tires fit the car, if not the wheels

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
so evan, what size of rim is that then?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts