Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my package from the US with Stillen front and sides. I want to avoid any trouble while fitting these parts so if you have Stillen sides and/or front, please let me know any good advice that you might have.
Pictures is more than welcome :)

Thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
On the front bumper you will need to use a dermal to carve out each corner of the bumper where the metal stock bracket goes. Just comparer it to the front stock bumper and make the adjustments. Also sand the edge of the bumper where the bumper meets the hood is a little ruff. Other wise it goes on like the stock.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sorry I dont have to sides. But if they ane any thing like the front that should be a good fit. Good luck.

matthew

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blackbird said:
Sorry I dont have to sides. But if they ane any thing like the front that should be a good fit. Good luck.

matthew
About the front.
Did you use any part from the stock front when fitting the new?
Did you use the protection plastic piece, that prevents dirt and stuff from entering the enginebay from under the car (the one that the retractable spoiler is fitted to), to stiffen the new front.
I´m worried that in high speed, the new front will not hold the speedwinds and start to vibrate.

I dont have a very large english vocabulary so I hope you understand what I mean. I would be very greatful for an answer

Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Nice to see a supra in sweden with another front than the original. And Tom... are you affraid that someone will recognize you too much this summer? :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
Im sorry but I never got and automatic emailed on the reply to this thread.
You need to use the stock metal mounting bracket that is at ether corner of the stock bumper, and put it in the stillen bumper.
I used the stock protection plastic piece under the new bumper but I don’t know if it will work for you since you have the retractable spoiler unit. Its probably a different piece then the US version. You might have to get creative. I have seen people not use the protection plastic piece and it works just fine.

It’s a strong bumper I don’t think you need to worry about wind. I would worry about those speed bumps, curbs and pulling into parking lots. My wife already scuffed mine trying to park at the mall.

I hope I replied in time

Also my grandfather was born and raised in Sweden. His last name was Lind. I hope to visit my roots some day.

[email protected]

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Blackbird. That was just the information I needed
:bthumb:

You should come visit sweden and our capital city, where I live, Stockhom. It´s beautiful.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
blackbird said:

matthew
Blackbird do you have any other pics of that stillen front?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts