Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In fact I will have 2 tanks in the back, stock one and a second cell for race gas, so I need a Drag fuel tank, and I don't know if I can put 2 Denso in this fuel tank

What do you advice me and can sell me as Fuel pump? internal? external? one? Two fuel pump?
Thks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK yes I hope I know what I'm doing but give me the right way to go.
If I use 2internal fuel pump I will have to switch like this

But If I use only one external fuel pump it will be better.
So I can use only one fuel pump and one fuel line? (I will use yours actualy)
Do you know where I can buy some fuel valve to switch from pump fuel to race gas?

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
OK yes I hope I know what I'm doing but give me the right way to go.
If I use 2internal fuel pump I will have to switch like this

But If I use only one external fuel pump it will be better.
So I can use only one fuel pump and one fuel line? (I will use yours actualy)
Do you know where I can buy some fuel valve to switch from pump fuel to race gas?
I would have that diagram revised.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Woah.

Just to start things out. Don't use a stock fuel line as a return...also how exactly is your return of say...race gas... going to go only to the left of that T fitting you have?

Further more, you don't need parallel fuel filters post fuel pump, you need a pre filter before the pump and a post after the pump, say 40 micron and 10 micron or something to that effect.

If you REALLY want to run two different fuels, you should probably have two different fuel systems...as in...actually having another rail, regulator, and lines all for race gas.

I'm sure everyone here has had the same plan as you at one point, it's just not as easy as what you're trying to make it.

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts

Mark is correct, fluid dynamics wont allow you to use "T"s, you need to add a filter before the external pump and instead o running 2 filters after,you can Y the 2 systems into that one line put the filter there and split to the rail after that. Only time you wanna use 2 filters is when you are feeding each line of the rail independently.

If you want to go thru this kind of expense you might want to consider using E85, it would cost half as much as this, and allow your car to make good power on gas thats 50 cents cheaper than 87 octane.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
If you want to run an unleaded gas to preserve your O2 sensors, just invest in a drum of VP MS109, has a motor octane around 101 if I remember correctly and you can make pretty good power on it with no ill effects.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK I understand and your are right about the Fuel Filter before the External Fuel pump I will add it.
For the return it is not a problem when I will use the Race gas, the return will go in the race tank, I don't know where is the problem, I need to have a return and moreover in the Race Fuel cell otherwise I will be empty of fuel very quickly.

"T" on the diagram are not simple "T" they are real valve which bypass only one gas.

For the 2 two filters on the diagrams your are right too, but the problem is that on my car there is at the moment the Titan Fuel upgraded with 2 parallel fuel line.

Thks for your advise again

1 - 20 of 26 Posts