Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fixing dented titanium exhaust tip.

Hi guys,

I bought an used Greddy Titanium Exhaust from a member on the forum but the tip was damaged during shipping. Please see pictures below. Does anyone here know what I can do to fix it? I've tried taking it to 3 of my local muffler shop this morning but they don't have a tool (cone shape) that big to re-round it. Any idea? Thanks.

·
Built 2 enjoy NOT garage
505 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I just used a rubber mallet and reshaped it.

·
Letterkenny
272 Posts
The rubber mallet is a good idea. And on top of that, you could find a similar sized coffee can or soup can to stick on the inside to help tap it back to a round shape. Just a thought.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
you could try calling around to your local music shops, namely one that repairs Brass instruments, as they should have something that size to reform it. I dropped a trombone down 3 storys worth of stairs and they made it look like new.

·
Registered
340 Posts
you could try calling around to your local music shops, namely one that repairs Brass instruments, as they should have something that size to reform it. I dropped a trombone down 3 storys worth of stairs and they made it look like new.
Hmm that's a good idea actually I remember a friend doing this.

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
lol damn 3 stories. Let us know how it goes, interesting to think of a music shop saving your exhaust lol. If they say they don't do that kind of work, tell them this exhaust is a musical instrument too and makes big loud noises.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Similar thing happened to me. I just inserted a largish diameter pipe and rolled it around inside the tip with as much force as was required to push out the dents. It made it perfectly round again. That was a Greddy steel exhaust though, titanium might behave a bit differently I don't know.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
fuck fixin in, id make the asshole delivery company pay for damages. what assholes. my buddy used to work for ups and he told me how they treat every package like a goddamn soccer ball.

and what the fuck is Pdr bro.........

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
rubber mallet and a block of wood, and plenty of time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts