Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka supra_driven
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like this car likes to get my attention and the only way it knows how to get it is by giving me something to do. :wtflol:

Symptom: engine started doing a metal to metal grinding noise coming from the timing belt area. Car also started to run slugish.

Problem: crankshaft sproket guides were loose and managed to separate from the sproket. Hence the grinding noise. Also found out the valve timing (exhaust) was off by one notch.

Solution: grab spare sprocket from my other motor and replace it. While i had the timing belt off, I went ahead and installed a greddy timing belt that i had for the next motor. Made sure valve timing was dead on.

So the car drove great for the first 20mins and then i started hitting fuel cut at only .7bar. I checked the CEL and it had a code 14 and 34. I searched for awhile, but came empty handed on the code 14. What i have to do know is check all my wiring for my ingnition system. Also, could a bad FPR cause this code 14? If anyone has had code 14 and actually fixed it tell me what was the problem on yours.

·
stop pulling me over pigs
1,258 Posts
welcome to my world...im seriously about to sell this hunk if crap after 6 years of owning it. old car issues are getting under my skin!!

I wish I knew how to help you man, but I have a hard enough time knowing what to do with this NA, let alone turbo stuff.

·
aka supra_driven
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've never really had any problems with the reliability of the car. It is only until I started modding it, that the problems came. But, i expected stuff like this to happen. Don't worry man, hang in there.

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
Code 14: Ignition Signal
Code 34: Turbocharger overpressure
==========================

Code 14, either your ignitor is failing, you got a bad wire from one of your coil packs or you got an ecu problem. (if you are getting Code 14, your enging I'd imagine would feel like it's missing, or dying outright).

Code 34 is your boost/fuel cut.

Your FPR should have nothing to do with either of those codes. Code 34 is boost/fuel cut, however it throws that code if it sees too much air pass thru the AFM, than the fuel system knows is safe to deliver. It doesn't imply your pump or relay is bad in the fuel system. Check all hoses past the AFM to make sure there OK and there is no dry rot cracking. If any air gets into the intake past the AFM, hokey things start to happen.

·
aka supra_driven
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot for the information. Now that i think about it. One of my coilpacks had excessive corrosion inside of it. I'm going to get that taken care of immediately to see if it makes any difference :) .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts