Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with my handbrake handle all the way up my car still rolls when its on a hill :faint:

Does anyone know how I can tight'en up the cable so the Ebrake works right?

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you remove the center console there is a bolt with the ebrake cable going through it. pull the cable and tighten it

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
To get to the bolt that you need to tighten, do you have to remove the entire center console, or is there an easier way to get to the screw? Can you get to it by removing the shifter panel that mounts on the center console?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
yes, just the part that that goes around the shifter is removed and maybe the rubber that goes around the ebrake.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Are you sure you don't need rear brakes? Is it really easy to pull? You might have a broken cable or need rear brakes.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
GTR-33 said:
Are you sure you don't need rear brakes? Is it really easy to pull? You might have a broken cable or need rear brakes.
The e-brake uses shoes in the rear.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
No no no :D do it the right way and pull the rear wheels.....there's a hole in the rotors that you can access the rear adjustment. Its indicated in the toyota manual. You use a flathead to get in there and turn the gear thingy. A few clicks in the right direction, and it'll get tighter! ;)

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I did have my brake pads replaced(all four corners) and fitted with Steel lines instead of the stock rubber so thats probably why there so lose.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
/\/\ you actually have brake shoes that are used for the ebrake not the brake pads.
Replacing just the pads/lines will not effect the ebrake.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Hua said:
The e-brake uses shoes in the rear.
Yeah, Those are what I meant, not the pads for the disk surface. The rear rotors are actually two systems in one. The outer diameter is the disk and the center is actually a smaller drum brake for the parking brake. Most people ignore this but those shoes eventually need to be replaced or adjusted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts