Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Candy Monster
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv' searched before posting this thread and all i found is MKIII guys asking

my question is which is better FAL 210's or 425 cuz in FAL site the mentioned 425 for 86 - 92 supras. so what about mkiv supras.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There's been alot of debate about this topic, some guys run them with no problem and some overheat. I've had mine (210's) sitting in my garage for a while now and will most likely install them soon.I don't drive my car that much any more so I'm not as concerned about overheating, but engine bay will look alot neater.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Engine bay looking neater takes precedence over overheating???

What's the average temperature in the UAE in the summer. 110 F?
I think I would keep the stock fans if I were you.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was only joking about neatness, but seriously I do have a couple buddies with the 210's and they've had thiers on for over 2 years with no problems ,BUT, i'm still debating puting them in as it does get real hot down here. My car only has 24k miles on her and lately only drive her maybe 50-80 miles per month.

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
i just put the flex-alite fans on, i was going to put the shroud on and keap the stock clutch fan, but i decided to get rid of it, wow did it free up alot of space, and my temp has never been better, i was just running a stock clutch fan with no fan shroud, i was heating up more than i should have, now with the electric flex-alite fans im running a hell of alot cooler than before. Not only that the pedal response when u get rid of that 15lb fan is definatley noticeable!

Ben Y

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Sins4u33 said:
i just put the flex-alite fans on, i was going to put the shroud on and keap the stock clutch fan, but i decided to get rid of it, wow did it free up alot of space, and my temp has never been better, i was just running a stock clutch fan with no fan shroud, i was heating up more than i should have, now with the electric flex-alite fans im running a hell of alot cooler than before. Not only that the pedal response when u get rid of that 15lb fan is definatley noticeable!

Ben Y

If you were running the stock clutch fan without a shroud you were taking away most of its effectiveness, not to mention you also didn't have the additional accessory fan(s) attached.

Also, the stock clutch fan weighs about 7lbs. Since it is a clutch fan and therefore not fully engaged for the majority of the time, it probably is the equivalent to only spinning 1 or 2lbs of rotational mass at most. I highly doubt you can notice the improved response from the elimination of such a small mass.

·
Candy Monster
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the car in DEC 2000 and the previous owner took off the clutch fan and install Nissan maxima electric fan.
I didn't have any problem with maxima fans but when I install a greddy FIMC the No 3-4 inlet pipe was hitting the fans shroud so I use to get the most thinner and powerful fans which is FAL 210's

·
Banned
2,499 Posts
crossways said:
If you were running the stock clutch fan without a shroud you were taking away most of its effectiveness, not to mention you also didn't have the additional accessory fan(s) attached.

Also, the stock clutch fan weighs about 7lbs. Since it is a clutch fan and therefore not fully engaged for the majority of the time, it probably is the equivalent to only spinning 1 or 2lbs of rotational mass at most. I highly doubt you can notice the improved response from the elimination of such a small mass.
I know this crossways, hence the reason i just decided to go electric. and not have to worry about re-welding my BOV location. It might have been the fact that i hadn't driven the car in awhile, and the accelerator pedal felt more responsive, alot of factors could have played a role. But regardless, there good :bigthumb: i love'm and they do the job!

Ben Y

1 - 10 of 10 Posts