Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I have them on my car.. working good so far.. we'll see this summer.. but no problems staying cool so far (has been ~ 85-90)

·
Registered
345 Posts
i dont trust any electric fans anymore as my flex a lites left me stranded 40 miles from my home (6 months old) the motor melted on one fan,they gave me a new one because it was covered under warranty.....now the sup runs the conventional clutch fan with shroud both bought new so i dont have any more problems

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
how did you have it wired?

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them on my car.. working good so far.. we'll see this summer.. but no problems staying cool so far (has been ~ 85-90)
Thanks! I have been running the black magic for 4 years, but it seems on really hot days, it doesnt cool perfectly, because 1/3rd of the radiator is not being cooled, that is why i wanted to try the 210. Also i will be connecting my air conditioning, so i really need alot of pull to keep her cool with all the stuff. :)

Anyone else have luck with a 210 or 220. Thanks

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
I run them with my 1JZ. Been a year now. Not a single temp issue at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a set of fans for you

Just took off a set of dual fans from my 88 N/A due to a 1jz swap I'm not going to use them and I've had no problems with them PM me if your intrested.

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
I had the 220's on my car, cooled awesome!

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,237 Posts
210's don't flow enough if you plan a track day... just over heated my car.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
210's don't flow enough if you plan a track day... just over heated my car.
Hehe, well my "track days" are always at night. So it should be somewhat cool. The track opens at like 8pm and goes until 4 am. So i probably wont have to worry about over heating :)

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
ive had the fans on mine for ~6yrs. the only issue ive had is the stupid control box. also have 3 friends that had the same problem w/ their control box melting, not working, intermittent, etc.

id look for another method for controlling them if you decide to go that route.

·
12,237 Posts
Hehe, well my "track days" are always at night. So it should be somewhat cool. The track opens at like 8pm and goes until 4 am. So i probably wont have to worry about over heating :)
talking about lapping days, not drag racing.

·
12,237 Posts
oh one other place it hurt me was high speed long highway pulls.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts