Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am looking to put a complete sound system in my supra TT. I am right now looking for head units. Specifically, In dash flip screen all in one units, Something like the clarion, alpine, or kenwood. I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a glare for the passengers on the screens, since the radio is angled towards the driver. Or is it better to get a screen that swivels left and right, or does it not matter. Also, when the screens pop up and down, does the shifter on the automatic supras interfere with it?

Any suggestions on which head unit and subs to get

Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the Alpine IVA-D900 and LOVE IT!! It does DVD, MP3, XM, TV Tuner, etc, etc... If you locate it in the upper part of the DIN opening then NO issues with opening and interfering with auto shifter!! As for the passenger, I just installed an additional monitor in the pass airbag area because the passenger would have a HARD time trying to see the screen at that angle... It is literally faced right at driver.. I reallly have no experience with swivel units so I am not sure that will solve the problem.. I would not think it would swivel enough for passenger though...

You can also install additional monitor in glove box panel so stealth look and passenger can watch movies etc with no problems.. Any questions or need pics just ask.... [email protected] ... I am also running the Alpine PXA-H700 surround processor/eq in bottom part of DIN opening... VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!

www.alpine-usa.com

**** The Kenwood, Clarion, Eclipse, and Pioneer are good units as well... Many offer touch screens and similar features to the Alpine.. I am just partial to Alpine:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get the new clarion flip up. 7 inch, touch screen, dvd, cd, MP with the ability to read ID3 tags and millions of other features.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Have the avh-p6400 from pioneer. Its pretty much the base LCD head unit, but it has some good features. I didn't need the touch screen or DVD/CD b/c I have the nav system coming (hopefully). Plus Pioneer and alpine have the best screen quality.

·
no tire gaps
1,192 Posts
I just got the panasonic 7200 today! its the best. its slim, black, tv tuner, most important it matchs the dash and the car! the brain fits perfect under the seat were the stock amp is. it moves right to left so the passenger can see it clearly. I think Panaonic has the best screen quality since they have been making TVs for years!
It is worth the money! ill try to get pics

·
Registered
770 Posts
I got a clarion vrx935 and installed it in the upper DIn slot. Very happy with it. Though if you must have a rotary volume knob/dial, get the Alpine

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
Roadie8105 said:
I have the Alpine IVA-D900 and LOVE IT!! It does DVD, MP3, XM, TV Tuner, etc, etc... If you locate it in the upper part of the DIN opening then NO issues with opening and interfering with auto shifter!! As for the passenger, I just installed an additional monitor in the pass airbag area because the passenger would have a HARD time trying to see the screen at that angle... It is literally faced right at driver.. I reallly have no experience with swivel units so I am not sure that will solve the problem.. I would not think it would swivel enough for passenger though...

You can also install additional monitor in glove box panel so stealth look and passenger can watch movies etc with no problems.. Any questions or need pics just ask.... [email protected] ... I am also running the Alpine PXA-H700 surround processor/eq in bottom part of DIN opening... VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!

www.alpine-usa.com

**** The Kenwood, Clarion, Eclipse, and Pioneer are good units as well... Many offer touch screens and similar features to the Alpine.. I am just partial to Alpine:D

i'd like to see pics.

[email protected]

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
i also have the Alpine IVA-D900 and i love it too. :)

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
:repost: I posted pics of mine on here many times, try searching for it, does not interfer with the shifter unless your hand is on it and your in 3rd gear

·
no tire gaps
1,192 Posts
for those of you that dont have the Panasonic screen, Do any of your passengers complian about the screen, since the dash board is faceing you? like glare..

·
SupraForums Member
1,540 Posts
i have the clarion, I love it, dont care about the passenger :p ..im not sure if there is a glare, ill check next time, i dont usually have a movie or anything on anyway

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
i have the Pioneer touch screen DVD system, i love it.....the controls are very user friendly and was easy to get aquainted with. the only problem with it is that if the e-brake isnt yanked all the way up, it catches on it, and with the Veilside shift knob it has to be in nuetral to clear it.....but i can live with that :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts