Supra Forums banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
What would be the best place to get a Stock ECU tuned? I live in Daytona Beach for school and don't mind driving.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys, Hoping to revive this thread. I have a 1994 NA-T that I bought back in 2008. Had some issues and ended up replacing the GE motor in late 2013. It was last running/driving back in June 2014, but had an issue with the speedometer not working and never got the MAP ECU properly tuned. I moved out of state and left the car with my folks to store. The last time I was in FL, it was turning over fine but I couldn't keep it running. In a about month I'm coming down to FL and I'd like to get it running and properly tuned. Any recs for a trustworthy and reasonably priced shop in the central FL area? Tampa > Orlando would be ideal, but any advice on shops in central FL would be much appreciated. I don't need an expensive race shop per se, just a good shop that charges reasonable rates to get it running right and a basic MAP ECU tune. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Any recs for a trustworthy and reasonably priced shop in the central FL area? Tampa > Orlando would be ideal, but any advice on shops in central FL would be much appreciated. I don't need an expensive race shop per se, just a good shop that charges reasonable rates to get it running right and a basic MAP ECU tune. Thanks!
Did you ever get any recommendations? I"m googling but need someone who can rebuild mine...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Did you ever get any recommendations? I"m googling but need someone who can rebuild mine...
Are you looking for 2JZ engine builder recommendations? There are Titan and Real Street among the big names.

For what it's worth I personally used Rank High Performance Engine and Machining in Melbourne, FL to have my 2JZ-GTE short block fully rebuilt and blueprinted.

They do cylinder heads also but I already had mine fully rebuilt by Driftmotion in Montclair, CA months prior. Rank did excellent work in reasonable time for a reasonable price. I came to them because I also wasn't looking for a big race shop to work with but I did want an engine machine shop known for precision and details.

They do a fair amount of work with V8's yet on their website I saw they had just done a 2JZ engine build for another customer and that got me to call them up. Rob the owner delivered (he did the work himself) and three years on I still couldn't be happier. My 2JZ runs like a top.

I brought them a standard GTE block, crank and rods with new factory pistons, rings, matched factory bearings, ARP crank bolts and ARP rod bolts to be assembled to factory specifications. I expect the same quality of work would have resulted if I had brought them any other set of stronger aftermarket internals with my block.

I'm very happy with their work and recommend them if you're looking for additional shops to consider. They're a small shop and I don't know what their schedule is right now but when I worked with them for my rebuild in 2017 they got everything turned around in a very reasonable timeframe. I've come to them for a couple of smaller requests recently and I observe that their shop is always moving along with customer builds which is always good to see.

Reactions: zeeshan66
161 - 166 of 166 Posts