Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much cfms a sp57 flows? Thats how they talk abotu turbo output in the dsm community.....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Flow is determined by boost pressure, engine size, cams, etc. All things being equal a turbo that spools sooner (smaller A/R or turbine wheel) will flow less. You just can't say this turbo flows XX amount. An effecient turbo should flow more than an ineffecient turbo, but thats shown by a compressor map, and again you must take cams, engine sie etc. into account.

I think its safe to say SP has done their homework and any turbo you get from them will be pretty close to optimal.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grant said:
Flow is determined by boost pressure, engine size, cams, etc. All things being equal a turbo that spools sooner (smaller A/R or turbine wheel) will flow less. You just can't say this turbo flows XX amount. An effecient turbo should flow more than an ineffecient turbo, but thats shown by a compressor map, and again you must take cams, engine sie etc. into account.

I think its safe to say SP has done their homework and any turbo you get from them will be pretty close to optimal.
Whenever I look at turbo upgrades for my car they are measured by cfm so I think that would be a way to measure just the turbos our put and I would assume they take these measurements at the turbos optimum boost pressure.

I know sp has done tehir homework and made some awsome turbos and that is why I am trying to see if I can have a streetable car with their smallest turbo on my little four banger. SP's turbos have excellent reps so I would love to have one of their turbos on my car rather than all of the current offerings fro dsms.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You want to go with a full T4 on your DSM? What kind of performance are you trying to get out of your car? For almost all but the most extremly fast DSMs, a T4 would be overkill. Contact Rob at Forced Performance. He is the god of DSM turbos (but if you are into DSM's you probably already know that) and he'll be able to match a turbo your needs. If you want more info on the SP turbos, do a search for Steve Vache's website. He does a great comparison of all the common single and twin turbos used for supras.

-Amir

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forcefeed said:
You want to go with a full T4 on your DSM? What kind of performance are you trying to get out of your car? For almost all but the most extremly fast DSMs, a T4 would be overkill. Contact Rob at Forced Performance. He is the god of DSM turbos (but if you are into DSM's you probably already know that) and he'll be able to match a turbo your needs. If you want more info on the SP turbos, do a search for Steve Vache's website. He does a great comparison of all the common single and twin turbos used for supras.

-Amir
I know its a huge turbo and I'm trying to find out if it would be overkill. I want to go with a sp turbo because of their awsome reps and this is the smallest. SO i'm just trying to see if this is a possible canidate for a streetable dsm. I'm looking at steve vache's websitoe now but haven't found anyhting yet. I don't know, I guess I'll keep lookin. Thanks

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
I wouldnt mind trying a T 88 on my dsm..:) the extreme guys were using a Greddy T 78 so i dont see why it wouldnt work ;) but of course its all about what you really want...:D

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jesus said:
I wouldnt mind trying a T 88 on my dsm..:) the extreme guys were using a Greddy T 78 so i dont see why it wouldnt work ;) but of course its all about what you really want...:D
What turbo are you runnin in your 93 gsx?:) :) :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
An approximation:
cfm = (lb/min) / 0.0809

Steve

racing fan said:

I know its a huge turbo and I'm trying to find out if it would be overkill. I want to go with a sp turbo because of their awsome reps and this is the smallest. SO i'm just trying to see if this is a possible canidate for a streetable dsm. I'm looking at steve vache's websitoe now but haven't found anyhting yet. I don't know, I guess I'll keep lookin. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts