Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is finally here and its starting to warm up in Wisconsin.....a little.......and I want to change all my fluids since I just got it my car this past January. So my car.......stock transmission, clutch, driveshaft, internals, and a 4.30 differential. I just have some quesitons on what fluids to use.

Starting off with motor oil, I've read in my magazines that Royal Purple can actually improve bearing surfaces?

I want to switch over to Toyota Red, but is there a certain process that I need to do in order to convert? Also, where can I find this coolant?

I'm going to be using OEM Toyota Oil Filters as well.

So just to recap... where can I get these fluids (Redline, Royal Purple)
1. What motor oil
2. What transmission fluid
3. What differential fluid
4. What coolant

Thank you

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
1. Royal purple 10w 40
2. Royal purple synchromax
3. Royal purple differential fluid with lsd addative( if it has lsd)
4. Toyota red coolant that you can pick up at any dealership, with a bottle of redline waterwetter.
If you have an O'reillys parts store near you thats where you can pick up the royal purple oils at. The waterwetter you will have to get at autozone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, what about numbers for Royal purple synchromax or Royal purple differential fluid, do they have any or is it just the title? I dont have an O'Reily's around here, is there a good place to get it online without paying a ton?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Well generally royal purple is pretty expensive but its worth the money. I think you might beable to get it through horsepowerfreaks.com but im not for sure. Other than o'reillys im not sure what other parts stores would carry it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Napa has it. So Royal Purple is really worth the extra money. I might just all Royal Purple fluids except for motor oil since that has to be replaced the most often.....smart idea or no???

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
get a wix oil filter. no need to get totally screwed by the dealer.

for weights on motor oil if its a turbo go slightly heavier (i run mobil 1 20-50 or so)

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
I've got Mobil1 in the tranny and diff(4.1 Torsen, had it in the 4.3 also) - been this way for the last year & a half, ~26k miles. Was using Mobil1 in the engine, too, but I've been using Rotella T Synthetic (5w-40, used for turbo diesels) for about 4 months now, works great, and is less expensive than the Mobil1 (which is good since I have to change it ~every 6 weeks). It's about $14.50/gal. at Wal-Mart. But, if you're bearings/pump have a lot of miles, you may want a thicker weigth. And, if you're engine isn't sealed up good (gaskets), you'll need to fix that if you go with any synthetic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts