Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
The fluidamper does not look anything like the BL or Titan/ATI damper. Its a 1 piece unit and is sweet. Not cheap, but none of them are. We prototyped the unit for Fluidamper and now run it on alot of cars. Unlike the ATI or BL damper the fluidamper dampens at all RPM not at specific points.

Nice unit, I run it on my own car if that says anything. Belt size is changed a freckle. Basically the next gates belt up, but varies with PHR alternators and positioning.

Thanks

Ben

·
95 6spd sp63'd from hell!
438 Posts
How long has this unit been out? I called around awhile back and no one had heard of one for the 2jz-gte. I've been needing one of these. =/ Whats the weight like on one of these compared to the ati/bl ones?

B

·
0 Posts
This damper even has SFI embossed on it. Looks like Ill be picking one up soon.

Ben, do you know the gates belt # off hand? As I am running all original alt/ps/wp pulleys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am running one also and the stock belt worked fine. I was going to get the ATI but they said it definately required a new belt and the fluiddamper was a little cheaper too!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I am reading mixed reviews of both the BL, ATI and the Fluidamper. I am in the market for one, but I can't decide now.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Obiwan said:
The fluidamper does not look anything like the BL or Titan/ATI damper. Its a 1 piece unit and is sweet. Not cheap, but none of them are. We prototyped the unit for Fluidamper and now run it on alot of cars. Unlike the ATI or BL damper the fluidamper dampens at all RPM not at specific points.

Nice unit, I run it on my own car if that says anything. Belt size is changed a freckle. Basically the next gates belt up, but varies with PHR alternators and positioning.

Thanks

Ben

I appologize for my lack of intelligence. What exactly does this do?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks for that information Obiwan. I've been thinking about the Fluidamper for a long time but never heard anyone give it good feedback on a Supra. Are there any noticable changes in engine vibration you've noticed?

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
It seems to dappen very well and we are running it on a dozen 1000+rwhp cars currently with zero issues. 5 of which are strokers.

As for the gates belt #, I dont know it off hand, have it written down in the shop.

Its a very light unit but actual weight Im not sure? Ill have to weigh one next time I am installing it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
TALON says the stock belt is fine for the fluidamper, is that not true Obiwan?

·
Registered
378 Posts
any new info in this???

very interested, before mine breaks like all the others.

How long does it usually take for the stocker to give>?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Why does it not fit interference like they intended to. Over the various fluidampr's we've had i've always had to return them. It always has me going back to the ati. They leave just enough material to fit correctly where the others do not.

Thanks

Ben

1 - 20 of 22 Posts