Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys (and gals?),

I’m in the process of upgrading my timing belt and crank pulley. When I aligned the bolt hole notches and overlaid my new Flyuidampr crank pully over the oem 2JZ-GE (non-vvti) one, the Fluidampr’s timing mark was at -2 degrees inline with the oem crank pulley’s white mark.

Do I just use -2 degree mark on the Fluidampr as the the 0 mark or is there a better way to do this?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I would check them on the car using the car's timing marks on the plastic cover. Put the stock one on, check it, then put the aftermarket one on. It helps to paint the marks on the cover with a white touch-up paint brush.

Not saying it's not off 2 deg, but I wouldn't trust just overlaying and aligning them with the notch since they are different diameters. It's tough to just eye that up exactly.

Al

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2JZ-GE (non-vvri) crank pulley diameter and the Fluidampr pulley diameter appear to be the same.

After putting the lower engine cover on and installing the Fluidampr pulley, the -2 timing mark on the Fluidampr lines up with the 0 mark on lower engine mark.

Has anyone had this issue (or similar) with Fluidampr pulleys on 2JZ engines?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must have a new version of the crank pulley anyways here is a picture of my fluidampr
Oddsupra1,
Thanks for sharing your picture in this thread. Yes, mine is showing just like yours, the 5th timing mark from the left lines up with the 0 mark of the timing cover.
Just curious, is it ok to put some lube on the crankshaft tip to make it easier to slide the crank pulley over it? (I was thinking a little WD40 or axle grease??)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts