Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but since the search function is disabled, I will ask anyways. Do any of you Auto Supra owners have the fluidyne radiator in your car? If so, what tranny cooler did you go with and how is that working out? Reason I'm asking is I talked to Jarrett via email and he says that the tranny coolers don't really have enough cooling and I should stick with the stock radiator.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Hmmm - that's kinda strange that Jarrett would say that. I have an auto, single turbo, built tranny and a Fluidyne. I'm running a 30,000GVW tranny cooler w/o any issues.

No temp gauge yet, hopefully soon, so I can keep an eye on it. After reading another post on coolers, I am Seriously considering adding a second, yes two, tranny coolers.

Hell, very cheap insurance for a very expensive tranny/TC.

Jay

·
Registered
849 Posts
I now have a Fluidyne too (disregard picture) and with a externat tranny cooler Im just fine. I have a temp gauge and it look fine.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
philly single - yeah, I saw the post about using 2 tranny coolers and it seems like a really good idea.

blackbird - I saw that you are using two tranny coolers...how did the temp look when you only had one cooler on it? I am on a limited budget as I just wrecked my car and have to pay for it all out of my own pocket. I was hoping I could go with one for now and add the second later.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
849 Posts
lucky said:
philly single - yeah, I saw the post about using 2 tranny coolers and it seems like a really good idea.

blackbird - I saw that you are using two tranny coolers...how did the temp look when you only had one cooler on it? I am on a limited budget as I just wrecked my car and have to pay for it all out of my own pocket. I was hoping I could go with one for now and add the second later.

Thanks for your input.
One big cooler is fine. But two is better.

·
Registered
904 Posts
just installed a Fluidyne radiator with a Powerhouse tranny cooler on my auto 2 days ago, so far so good..:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts