Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dusty,

Fluidyne Rad just arrived today. Couple comments and questions for you. I'm not overly impressed with the quality, a few of the fins are bent and it's not exactly clean, it actually looks used.

As for the Spal fan, how do I get it to stay connected to the front of the radiator?

Nick

· Registered
370 Posts
i comment to the condition of your radiator, but i know that generally when radiators are shipped a couple of the fins get bent, makes you cringe a little when its on a bench in the garage, but you never see it on the car and it doesn't effect its performance.

Dusty, i was wondering if you had any preference or noticed a difference in quality between a koyo racing radiator for the jza80 and the fluidyne? seems like a lot of guys run fluidyne here on the forums, yet i was amazed at the quality of my koyo for the price (referring the the racing series radiator, not the oem replacement)

· Premium Member
10,884 Posts
Hey Dusty,

Fluidyne Rad just arrived today. Couple comments and questions for you. I'm not overly impressed with the quality, a few of the fins are bent and it's not exactly clean, it actually looks used.

As for the Spal fan, how do I get it to stay connected to the front of the radiator?

Nick

PM answered sir. I can assure you its NOT used.

The Spal fan can be installed however you like, there are multiple ways. We use "radiator zip ties". That's what I call them, I am not sure what their official name is. They come with Flex-A-Lite fan kits, but I don't know what they call them. You can get them at Autozone, they are basically a zip tie that's round threaded.

Thanks,

Dusty

· Premium Member
10,884 Posts
i comment to the condition of your radiator, but i know that generally when radiators are shipped a couple of the fins get bent, makes you cringe a little when its on a bench in the garage, but you never see it on the car and it doesn't effect its performance.

Dusty, i was wondering if you had any preference or noticed a difference in quality between a koyo racing radiator for the jza80 and the fluidyne? seems like a lot of guys run fluidyne here on the forums, yet i was amazed at the quality of my koyo for the price (referring the the racing series radiator, not the oem replacement)

I prefer and use Fluidyne. I personally polished mine more because, like Nick said, they don't come very polished. Quality and fitment are always 100%, and they've been very supportive of MVP and my customers which ultimately matters a LOT to me.
I do sell a decent # of Koyo as well though, and they are fine radiators.

Thanks,

Dusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.