Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Inline for the win
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have clarion single DIN headunit that has the metal cage that the actual units slides into. My problem is that i have seen many people have the headunits flushed with the dash piece?

Is this a kit that does this?

I know my dash panels is trimmed on one side to fit the cage, is this necessary?

Suggestions, please.

Thanks,

DP

·
Registered
730 Posts
the way our dash works doesnt use the metal cage as far as i know. take off the cage and screw the new HU to the stock brackets. This is also safer for your car in terms of theft. To steal the HU they ould have to remove all the dash panels and then unbolt the brackets and then remove all the plugs/cut all the wires to the abs sensor/antenna relay/HU before they get to the unit in any useable condition...or they could murder your dash. When you use the cage, all you need is the included tools to pull the unit from the dash...a 15 seccond process if you know what youre doing.

·
Inline for the win
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I didn't know since my car came with an aftermarket headunit when I bought it. I saw all of my friend's supras with flushmounted headunits and it just got me puzzled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts