Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know a bunch of you guys are running the ALpine 9811/9813/9815......I have the 9813 and wanted to know if you guys have flush mounted yours.....

I was thinking about doing it.....just by elongating the screw hole in that bracket about 1/2", then remounting the head unit further back... is this what you guys woud do/have done?

Also, can anyone else chime in on flush mounting aftermarket head units?

Thanks,

Asheesh

FINALLY, a mod that doesnt cost anything! :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That's what I would recommend. Mount the bracket and set the deck in. Put the trim piece back on and adjust the deck where you want it. Then take everything out and drill new holes in the bracket that match up with the deck holes. I can't remember if I had to mess with the bracket holes or not with a 7998. It's been a few years.

J

·
0 Posts
I've got a CDA-7811 in my Mk3, and I just installed it... It's not really "flush" mounted, I suppose, as the face does protrude about 1/4" from the dash face, however, with the deck surfacce being slightly recessed in the Mk3 dash, I don't know if I'd want to mount it any further back. As it is, the CD can be a bit hard to grab when you eject it.

Also, with the Alpine deck the face tilt feature is something you'd have to be careful of. It slightly raises the top of the deck face when it tilts, so you'd need to make certain that there's adequate clearance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts