Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the weights of the stock flywheel, TRD Lightened Flywheel, and Mueller Lightened Flywheel?

Also, are there direct horsepower gains related to the lighter flywheel and decreased rotational mass?

Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, I know this much,, since there would be less weight to be turned when using a lightweight F/W vs. a stock F/W more hp would make it to the rear wheels. Less power needed to turn a F/W = more power making it to the drive wheels. In an extreme example imagine the drive shaft was just connected to the engine taking the transmission out of the picture,, you would regain quite a bit of rwhp that had been previously used to turn the tranny.

I know the stock F/W is 30lbs or more, probably all of the aftermarket F/Ws are sub 20 lbs. For specifics someone else needs to answer. :)

T

·
0 Posts
I have an Unorthodox aluminum flywheel and I think it's 13lbs. I thought the stock flywheel was 39lbs but someone just told me it's actually 33lbs. Either way, there's a big diff, and I have enough chatter to prove it! hehe. I'm replacing it with a new stock flywheel very soon just b/c I'm tired of the chatter. It's not usually that bad, but sometimes it's kind of annoying when it gets hot. It works great though, revs up extremely fast, etc. Let me know if you might be interested in buying it (assuming it's still in good shape, which it should be) [email protected]

-Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts