Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Depending on where you buy it, it's between $4,650 and $4,850.

I have never known anyone who had this kit so I can't say first hand, but this is what I've heard from other people...

-Fuel system sucks
-Manifold sucks for higher HP
-Won't be able to upgrade for more HP

If you check out the Club Lexus Forums in the SC400/SC300 section, everyone will trash the F-Max and swear by the Toyomoto.

Does anyone know what the Toyomoto stage 2 system comes with? What electronics? Any gauges?

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
I don't know about the kit, but I am using their manifold with my T04E Turbo and custom fuel system. The manifold is nothing fancy (looks more like a plumbing fixture than a manifold) and they could have done a much better clearancing the distributor with the mounting flange - but for the price it is a good buy. ($700 through mmrusa.com)

I have been told that they are using it in a 550hp application. My turbo only flows 550 anyways.

I have had my car out for a few days now at about 1 Bar and its a wild ride. Haven't visited the dyno yet, but it will spin the tires at 70mph...

·
0 Posts
Frank,

About how much did you put out do build your kit? I was thinking of going with the F-Max and looked into going with a VPC later and losing the extra injectors, but the VPC I saw was $950. I think that I would be happy with 320 BHP for a while but I would like to upgrade after a while.

Thanks

·
447 Posts
I spent about $9,000 on the car this winter. About $4,500 on the turbo conversion (including clutch and custom downpipe/midpipe). I am facing the same VPC dillema. I would like to lose the AIC mostly just to clean the engine bay up, but it is about a $1,500 proposition between the cost of the VPC and injectors. If the 440cc injectors Dave sent me (showed up today Dave - haven't opened the box yet) work to smooth out my rich condition, then I will use them through the summer and do the VPC route next winter (and also do a FMIC with a Driver's side intake)....

As far as I can tell, the FMAX stuff is just fine. Probably the weakest link in the kit is the manifold, which is working fine for me. Not top shelf stuff, but plenty reliable and upgradeable in the future.

Scott

·
0 Posts
That's cool. So do you think that if I do get the kit I could do sort of what Dave has been doing and replacing bits and pieces at a time?

Also, saw your website and it took me the longest time to figure out to click on the boost gauge to see the info. What size and how did you install that where the clock was? I also think that I have seen people take out the center vent and put like the EGT gauge there.

Thanks for all the info.

Jeff

·
447 Posts
You will have to spend about $4,000 to get to the minimum point of having a running NA-T. From there you can gradually improve the weakest link of the system and sell of the pieces you are replacing, but don't expect it to be terribly cost effective.

I need to spend some more time on my site. I did that page all one night when I wasn't sober and haven't spent any time making it more intuitive.

A (2-1/16") 52mm guage will fit in the clock location with no mods.

E

·
0 Posts
Just a precaution..FMAX Turbo Manifolds are known to crack sometimes and the pipes can cause leaking. Some of the Lexus guys have tried them out.

But I know a Turbo SC300 member is using the FMAX Manifold and its running fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts