Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 TT auto at full BPU (intake, exhaust, dp, DSBC, BCC) and I will be getting a GReddy 3-row FMIC soon. Even though I have an auto, I will be attending some road racing events. I have been reading quite a bit on the subject in the archives and Andi's Cooling Mod article.

First set of concerns:

It is my understanding that one loses the fan for the AC condenser. Will this have any long-term side effects? Also, how hard is it to move/bend the AC lines down? I have heard some issues about the relocation brackets involved. The other concern is the relocated power steering cooler. Some have said that leaving the stocker in place is fine, while some say "upgrade" to the included GReddy PS cooler, some say to use both in series, while some say upgrade to an even larger unit.

Second set of concerns:

This revolves around auxillary coolers such as oil, PS, and AT. First off, is the PS cooler provided with the GReddy kit suitable? If so, this mounts in the driver side duct correct?

I have seen many mount their tranny cooler in the same position. Won't the two interfere with eachother? I should plumb the tranny cooler in series with the stock tranny cooler with the B&M coming last, correct?

Is it possible to, easily, mount an oil cooler where the stock SMIC used to be? I saw that Andi's is in his driver's side duct, so I'm wondering if it was mounted there due to ease or necessity.

What order should I get the auxillary coolers if I cannot get them all at once? I'm thinking:
1) Tranny cooler
2) Oil Cooler
3) PS cooler

Pictures would be really helpful. I know RSA Supra and blackbird have some pics . . .

Thanks!

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
You've got mail. I have to move mine from the driver's side to the passenger's side because my RSA FMIC piping was getting int he way, but the greddy has a little better routing.

Tranny Cooler: B&M SuperCooler 28,000 GVW 11"x8"x1-1/2" w/ Spal 8" puller fan.

PS Cooler: B&M SuperCooler 16,000 GVW 11"x5-3/4"x3/4"

Get them from Summit

Oil Cooler: Greddy Oil Cooler Kit for 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbo

Get it from MVP

·
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ryan, thanks for your help! :D Could you please email me again? I never received anything . . . I think the problem is on my side.

I think I am going to go with the B&M 24,000 GVW 11x6x1.5" unit. Will the extra 4,000 GVW and 2" of frontal area make that much of a difference?

As far as the PS cooler, I spoke with Mohd about this and he said that the PS line gets barely warm to the touch and some of the problems that others have had stemmed from "sloshing" of the fluid in the reservoir and poor sealing of the cap rather than boilover. He also mentioned that there is another PS cooler bolted under the oil pan.

Anyone else have pics/ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts