Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
I dont know how much HP you would see but I cut 4/10ths off my 1/8th mile time.Thats significant.

Joe

S

·
0 Posts
people say dynoed you get like 40hp.. I dont know how realistic that is... but then again.. you are sending compressed cold air into the engine.. the colder the air, the better...

Also.. even if there isnt a huge hp difference, its just overall better for the engine to swallow colder air...

J

·
0 Posts
you may not see any gains on a dyno if they don't have a huge fan to blow air at the front of your car, but with the front mount intercooler you'll have way more surface area than stock cooler to cool your charged air. thus your temps will be lower than with stock cooler.

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
i was already BPU, but with my GReddy unit, i gained almost 50 more hp, and it's exponential with the more mods you add.

S

·
0 Posts
50HP!!!

Wow.. thats good for $1000 bux or so.....is that dynoed.. and if so do you have the before and after dyno sheet.. I would love to see that..

Thanks!

·
man whore
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ben told that a pressure drop will hapin with a FMIC.
IE: less boost
I know with big turbos this is not a big deal but what about stock tt.

·
Registered
855 Posts
After putting on my FMIC I went 3-4 mph faster in the 1/4 mile. I never had my car dynoed but I know for sure it makes your car stronger. I don't know if it's the best bang for the buck, but it sure makes the car look good!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Andi also said he got about 50 HP. Some people don't get nearly that much on the dyno but when you are out on the highway with 100 mph air ramming in the IC, you will definitely make more power and keep on making it. :D

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
SpdRcr0 said:
50HP!!!

Wow.. thats good for $1000 bux or so.....

no, thats not dynoed, as stated, it was roughly a 50hp gain. I havn't gotten to a dyno yet, but i've based my calculaions *roughly* on a g-tec, which gives a rather accurate rwhp figure. With the BPU mods, and adding a IC, my power increased almost 50hp.

I have be
SpeedR said:
I have been told that a pressure drop will hapin with a FMIC.
IE: less boost
B]

of course, your increasing the area that the charge/BOOSTED air occupies, so naturally the pressure will drop, but so does the air temp, and boost can always been tuned back up.

·
Registered
904 Posts
SPEEDR, after you are bpu, slap that FMIC on and you will freak out at the difference!! i certainly did!! i.e.on a very cold day ( 35f) with the boost set at 24lbs.i thought my car was very strong even with the stock I.C., well, after another week i had an HKS type R put on, unfortunately the temp. was now in the upper 60's/ low 70's, very humid..i set the boost at 18lbs., now by AUTO TT is a monster!!!! it is easily 30-40HP more at 18lbs.of boost versus 24lbs. w/ the stock I.C.on a very cold day...i have not tried any higher boost because i am still adjusting to the new found power, awesome, must do, are you convinced now?

C

·
0 Posts
Question:

I got an FMIC and was wondering if its less dangerous to use max boost around 20psi on stock twins? Or is it still just dumb to gamble with?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I gained 3 mph and knocked .4 sec. off my best 1/4 mile time after installing the small HKS fmic. The conditions were almost identical to when I had run earlier to eliminate any discrepencies there. I run 17 psi boost to redline with it spiking to 20 psi on a 3rd, 4th, gear punch. That is the max. boost I get when pulling my hoses.

·
Registered
904 Posts
i did not experience any more turbo lag after the FMICwas installed as some others do, although something interesting occurred , after the FMIC install, low rpm torque was significantly increased, my car which is an auto, now breaks the tires loose and the car fish tails, i highly recomend any bpu supra getting the FMIC, the money was well worth it !!

·
Registered
904 Posts
CHESTER, i use the HKS- EZ boost controller, i can hit 25-26 lbs. w/ the stockers, i have only did this once just to see what the thing could do, for longevity and/or reliable operation, i would not push more than 20lbs. on a regular basis... i will eventually be upgrading to a single system so turbo reliability/longevity is not as much of a concern for me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Since the FMIC hangs pretty low, would there be a problem or even a potential problem if there were to be a huge rainstorm?

I'm currently on stock twins, and plan to be for quite some time. I'm considering the HKS Type-S. I've heard many good things about this particular model. What do you guys think?

While speed is all good, would the FMIC prolong my turbo life (assuming, I continue driving at similar conditions, and not constantly trying to see the gains :) )

Thanks,
-Brian.

S

·
0 Posts
Seems like a very intersting converstation... I understand the freeway 50hp, but has anyone dyno'ed and seen similar results... even 25hp dyno'ed??

Does the HKS Type S come polished?

D

·
0 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:

While speed is all good, would the FMIC prolong my turbo life (assuming, I continue driving at similar conditions, and not constantly trying to see the gains :) )

There should be no reason why a fmic will prolong turbo life. If you up the boost on your turbos you are still working them harder. The air they move will just be compressed better.

Chris

1 - 20 of 21 Posts